Matawai Jungle Hiking
- Walking / Hiking
- Price from:
- 580 EUR /person
- +597 403107
- +597 403107
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 07/28/2009
We offer you this special jungle hiking tour to the unspoiled area of mid Suriname.
This tour isn't a luxury tour but pure adventure in the middle of the Suriname forest, where we meet howler monkey's
Paramaribo - Pusugrunu by airplane.
From here we will take dugout canoe to reach the Maroon village Vertrouw for one overnight in hammock and make progress to start the jungle hiking (B/L/D)
After having breakfast, we will start the guided jungle hiking. after a 4 hours walk we will build the first overnight camp and hang up our hammocks (B/L/D).
After the breakfast, we will start the walking to reach our next overnight point called camp Elam for the second overnight in the middle of the jungle (B/L/D).
After the breakfast, we will start walking to reach the last overnight camp an from here we will climb the the Ebba Top if we have time left when we reach the camp (B/L/D)
After the breakfast we will make progress to make the departure to the village for one more overnight. this day will be the pis off day of the trip. Overnight Vertrouw (B/L/D).
The last day of our visit we will begin with the breakfast at 8 AM an after our breakfast we will take a walk in village to say goody to the inhabitants and here after we will make a dugout canoe trip to airstrip for the flight back to Paramaribo (B/L).
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation,(B/L/D), guide, All transportation to the jungle an back to Paramaribo.
- Exclusions -
- Tickets to Suriname, Accommodation in the capital city, Alcoholic drinks.
- Extras -
- This tour isn't a luxury tour, but pure heavy adventure jungle tour.
We advise you to bring:
Pocket money (SRD banknote of: 5, 10 and 20) for example to buy souvenirs and alcohol and carbonated beverages
Raincoat / umbrella
Waterproof barrel or good plastic refuse sack for your bags
Good walking shoes (hiking shoes)
Clothes, toilet articles, towels
Photo- and video camera with (extra) batteries
Flashlight with (extra) batteries
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Paramaribo
- Discover Tebu Top - 8 days from 770 EUR
Email the tour operator - Matawai Jungle Hiking
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.