Titicaca Lake Floating Islands of Uros and Taquile
- Price from:
- 252 USD /person
- (+ 511) 7055428
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 3 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- Spanish, French, English, German, Dutch
Last updated: 10/07/2008
Andares Travel, Travel Agency and Tour Operator: 2 nights in a 3 or 4 or 5 star hotel Tour in Puno, Lake Titicaca 3 days
Juliaca - Puno
Assistance on your arrival in Juliaca. On your way to Puno, visit the famous Chullpas of Sillustani, 12 m/40ft high stone cylinder burial chambers, used by the Aymaras to bury their important leaders. Lake Umayo, located in front of the Chullpas, adds further beauty to the place. Here you also have the opportunity to observe wild guinea pigs, birds and other local wildlife. Arrival to selected hotel where you have free time to rest and get acclimatized to the altitude.
Meals Included: None
If you arrive by train the excursion to Sillustani will be on Day 3.
Titicaca Lake, Floating Islands of Uros and Taquile
Early in the morning, we take a two-hour motor boat excursion on the waters of Lake Titicaca to the unique Floating "Islands" of the Uros. These ancient inhabitants of the lake, known as the Water Tribe, have built their own "islands" by periodically adding new layers of a type of reed unique to the area called "Totora".
Their homes and boats are also made from this material. We continue our motorboat trip to Taquile Island, inhabited by Quechua-speaking natives who have developed efficient and unique social systems, as well as fine hand weaving techniques, down through the generations. Upon arrival at the Town of Taquile we will have a lunch. Then we will walk through the various hills and archaeological sites of this 6km long island. In the afternoon, return to Puno for overnight at selected hotel.
Meals Included: Breakfast and lunch
Puno - Juliaca
In the morning, after breakfast, transfer to Juliaca airport to take your departure flight.
Meals Included: Breakfast
- Extras -
- Price is based on a double room, 2 persons, for 1 person or groups, please contact us.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Puno
Email the tour operator - Titicaca Lake Floating Islands of Uros and Taquile
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.