Peru and Machu Picchu
- Rail tours
- Price from:
- 3085 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 06/25/2006
Cross the highest navigable lake in the world, Lake Titicaca. Visit the cradle of the Inca civilization on the Island of the Sun, and the floating islands of the Uros people.Visit Cuzco, Machu Picchu
Arrive in Lima
500 ft. elevation
Catch up with yourself this morning. An afternoon city tour of Lima goes to the Plaza de Armas, the Cathedral where Pizarro's remains lay, the San Francisco Convent with its Cloister, Catacombs and the archeological museum.
An impressive morning visit to the Larco Herrera Museum with the greatest collection of pre-Columbian ceramics in the country and the Gold Museum with the most important private collection of pre-Columbian objects. A one-hour afternoon flight to Cusco, the Imperial City at 11, 407 ft. elevation
In the Sacred Valley, tour the Pisac artisan marketplace. Next, climb some of the best Inca Empire's most formidable feats of architecture at the Incan fortress ruins in Ollantaytambo. Overnight in Ollantaytambo.
Tour the Incan Chinchero ruins, the Incan Maras salt mines which are still mined today and the Incan Moray agricultural center with its enigmatic concentric ring terraces (with the same intrigue as the Nasca lines, but these are accessible). Overnight in Ollantaytambo.
Board the Vista Dome train on the narro-gauge tourist railroad from Ollantaytambo to the foot of Machu Picchu at 8:15 am. Arrive at 9:40 am. As it nears Machu Picchu, there are views of snow-capped mountains, Indian villages and precarious terraced fields all around. Tour the new museum and garden at Aguas Calientes.
An all-day guided tour of "the lost city" of Machu Picchu (never discovered by the Spaniards). You sense you are on a sacred ground at this mountaintop refuge of Incan royalty, one of the world's most stunning sights. It will more than live up to any of your expectations. Take an optional walk on the Inca Trail, 8000 ft asl
Visit the ruins again today and climb Wayna Picchu or you have the option to visit the thermal waters this morning or enjoy the shopping in Aguas Calientes. Begin the 70-mile return to Cusco on the 3:30 Vista Dome train in the afternoon. Arrive at 7:30 pm in Cusco.
A guided half-day tour of the Inca ruins surrounding Cusco includes the formidable Inca building of the fortress of Sacsayhuaman, the rock sanctuary of Quenquo, the archeological group of Puca Pucara and the Virgin Baths of Tambomachay.
Enjoy an all day private bus tour with stops at historic and archeological sites from Cusco to Puno on the shores of Lake Titicaca. 10820 ft a.s.l.
Boat this morning on Lake Titicaca for a visit to the island-dwelling people that seem to materialize straight out of National Geographic. Since grade scholl you have known about these unique Uros Indians where even the pigs have their own floating islands! In the afternoon visit the tower tombs of the high class Collas-a culture more ancient than the Inca culture-at the Sillustani ruins.
A catamaran crossing Lake Titicaca to the Island of the Sun, the cradle of the Incas and the oldest church in South America in the village of Copacabana. Lake Titicaca is South America's largest lake and 12,460 ft a.s.l. This fabled lake straddles the border between Peru and Bolivia.
Fly from the town of Juliaca (25mis. outside Puno) to Lima (about an hour's flight)
- Inclusions -
- most tips
- Exclusions -
- nor the second day entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- Extras -
- Experience the splendor achieved by the Incas as you visit Cusco, the archeological capital of America. This oldest inhabited city of the Western Hemisphere reveals the secrets of the enduring Incan architecture through a guided tour to the primary sites in and around the city.
Climaxing your exploration of the ancient Inca civilization, you will ascend by narrow gauge railroad to Machu Picchu, the sacred mountaintop fortress of the Incas. In addition to the exquisite architecture of this city of Inca nobility, its beaty is enhanced by the diversity of flora and fauna in this extraordinarily beautiful region between the Andes and the Amazon rain forest.
Cruise on a catamaran accross the highest navigalbe lake in the world, Lake Titicaca. Visit the cradle of the Inca civilization on the Island of the Sun, and the floating islands with the simple lifestyle of the Uros people.
Since our tour is in the fall of the year for Peru, the weather is very pleasant at Machu Picchu. The hotes are 3 and 4 star categories.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Machu Picchu
- Enjoying the most at The Lost City of the Incas - from 255 USD
Email the tour operator - Peru and Machu Picchu
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.