- Price from:
- 1160 USD /person
- 011 (51 84) 25 21 32
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 05/29/2009
A long, one week journey in the heart of Peru: from Cuzco, the navel of the world to Machu Picchu, un-avoidable Inca citadelâ¦not forgetting the Sacred Valley and its treasures! Have a good trip!
LIMA / RECEPTION
Reception upon arrival at Jorge Chavez airport, in Lima. Transfer to the hotel. Meals open.
LIMA â CUZCO (BY PLANE)
Transfer to the Lima airport for a flight with destination Cuzco, heart of the Incan Empire. Reception at the airport and transfer to the hotel. Rest to help acclimatize to the altitude and remainder of the day open. Meals open. Please note: Visitors are not accompanied by a guide on this flight. Timetable and specific airline details to be communicated to visitors upon arrival in Peru.
CUZCO / COMPLETE CITY TOUR
Day dedicated to the discovery of Cuzco and its surrounding areas. In the morning, visit of the archaeological sites overlooking the city: Tambomachay, Q'enko, Pukapucara and Sacsayhuaman. We then walk down to the San Blas quarter (the artists' place). We pass by the famous 12 angles stone and continue to the San Pedro market to familiarize ourselves with local products. In the afternoon, visits of the Koricancha (Temple of the Sun), and of the Cathedral, exhibiting some paintings from the School of Cuzco and many goldsmith's art, silver and precious stones treasures. Transfer to the hotel at the end of the afternoon. Meals open.
CUZCO â PISAC â OLLANTAYTAMBO â SACRED VALLEY
In the morning, departure in a private vehicle for a day dedicated to the discovery of the Sacred Valley. First stop at the ruins of Pisac. Visit of the site and walk around the handicraft market. Typical lunch and continuation of the excursion to the Incan village of Ollantaytambo. On the way, stop in a ceramic workshop in Urubamba (Ayllu if opens). Arrival in Ollantaytambo, visit of the fortress and transfer to the hotel. Lunch included. Dinner open.
SACRED VALLEY - OLLANTAYTAMBO â MACHU PICCHU â OLLANTAYTAMBO â SACRED VALLEY
In the morning, departure from Ollantaytambo train station for a journey to Aguascalientes. Direct connection to the shuttle service that will drive you to the citadel of Machu Picchu. Day dedicated to the visit of the site; one of the wonders of the world, discovered in 1911 by the American anthropologist Hiram Bingham. In the afternoon, return by train to Ollantaytambo. Reception and transfer to the hotel. Meals open. Please note: train timetables to be communicated to visitors upon arrival in Cuzco.
SACRED VALLEY â MORAY - MARAS - CHINCHERO â CUZCO
In the morning, departure in a private vehicle for a day dedicated to the discovery of the Sacred Valley. First stop at the cultural site of Moray, a former Incan agricultural âlaboratory'. Then, continuation of the excursion to Maras: salt mines in the middle of the Cordillera! Visit of the village of Chinchero and its colonial church. Walk around the traditional handcraft market on Sundays or visit of the Awana Wasi Tocapo textile association on the other days. Drive back to Cuzco and transfer to the hotel. Meals open.
CUZCO â LIMA (BY PLANE) / INTERNATIONAL DEPARTURE
We always advise our clients to arrive in Lima the day before their international departure. Indeed, flights out of Cuzco are often cancelled or delayed due to bad weather conditions, thus preventing travelers from getting to Lima on time for their international connection. This inconvenience could cause you to have to purchase a new international ticket and incur expenses for your extra stay in Lima (the return flights being often full, it can take a few days before getting on a plane). Terra Andina will not be held responsible for the extra expenses above mentioned. You will be responsible for these unexpected expenses.
- Inclusions -
- All tours mentioned in this program
- Exclusions -
- International return flight.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Lima
- Bay Tour Bike Tours of Lima - from 25 USD
- Lima Downtown Tour Bike Tours Of Lima - from 35 USD
- Lima City of the Kings - from 40 USD
- Lima City of Contrasts - from 55 USD
- Caral The oldest City in America - from 150 USD
- The North of Peru Discover new touristic destination - 6 days from 1180 USD
- Different Weathers - 15 days from 1750 USD
- Lima City Tour - 3 days from 220 USD
- Private Inca Trail to Machu Picchu - 11 days from 2800 USD
- Majestic Peru - 15 days from 1820 USD
- Lima Gastronomy & Casinos - 4 days from 310 USD
- Family Adventure in Machu Pichu - 7 days from 2190 USD
- Peru Classic Tour - 14 days from 1261 USD
Email the tour operator - Inka Wasi
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.