Expedition in Iquitos
- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 270 USD /person
- (+ 511) 7055428
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 3 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- Spanish, French, English, German, Dutch
Last updated: 10/07/2008
Andares Travel , Travel Agency and Tour Operator. Amazon Rainforest Tour : Our lodges will be your base, from where you can explore The Pacaya-Samiria National Reserve, the largest reserve in Peru.
Friday - Iquitos / Explorama Lodge
Reception at the airport, brief city orientation and transfer to the Explorama dock. Fifty mile journey down the Amazon River to Yanamono Stream where Explorama Lodge is located.
Afternoon hike along the "Lake Trail" through lowland rainforest which is seasonally flooded. During the high water season, this excursion is done by open boat! Night walk or open boat ride to enjoy the sounds of the rainforest and stars of the Southern sky.
Lunch, Dinner | Overnight Explorama Lodge
Saturday - Explorama Lodge
Morning walk along the "Bushmaster Trail", where scientific studies by the Missouri Botanical Gardens have found the world's highest biodiversity of trees per square hectare. Your guide will point out many plants used in medicine today and many that we may use in the future.
Afternoon open boat trip along the Amazon in search of either of the two species of freshwater dolphin found in the river and a chance for an afternoon swim.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner | Overnight Explorama Lodge
Sunday - Explorama Lodge â Iquitos
Morning walk along a local river trail with stops along the way to visit the "ribereÃ±os" or river people, visit a river school, see the local sugar cane rum "factory" or visit our resident American medical doctor in her clinic sponsored by the Rotary Club. Transfer back to Iquitos for your departure flight to Lima.
Breakfast, Lunch (if departure flight permits)
- Extras -
- Price is based on a minimum of 2 people.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Iquitos
- Amazon Riverboat Expedition - 7 days from 2195 USD
Email the tour operator - Expedition in Iquitos
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.