Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu
- Walking / Hiking
- Price from:
- 260 USD /person
- +51 - 054 - 221658
- +51 - 054 - 221658
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 5 days
- 6 hours
- Location Start:
- Client Hotel - Cusco
- Location Finish:
- Client Hotel - Cusco
- Start time:
- 06.00 am
- End time:
- 08.00 pm
- We Speak:
- Spanish, French, English, Italian, German
Last updated: 09/03/2006
This it is a remote and old Inca way, and offer wonderful views with less tourist concurred than the popular Inca trail.
CUSCO / MOLLEPATA/SORAYPAMPA At 07.00 am pick up from your hotel and transfer from Cusco to Mollepata, We will initiate the long walk accompanied by an experienced bilingual guide (English & Spanish). Mules loaded our entire luggage, thus also we will have some horses of emergency, in case that it is needed later. After 4 to 5 hours arrival to our camp site in Soraypampa. (Tee time - Dinner).
SORAYPAMPA / SALKANTAYMAYU After breakfast we ascend slowly towards the pass of Markokasa (3650m) continuing through beautiful landscapes until the viewpoint of Humantay (5917m) soon we continued towards the gorge of Salkantay where we will set up our tents. (Breakfast : Lunch : Tee time - Dinner).
SALKANTAYMAYU - PLAYA today we will initiate our long walk with exceptional views of the snow-covered of Salkantay (6271m) as we promote towards the pass of Incachiriasca (4880m) this beautiful mountain will astonish to us. Soon we descend to Sisaypampa, we will continue until the river/beach where we will camp on the foot of the majestic Salkantay mountain. (Breakfast : lunch : Tee time - Dinner).
PLAYA / SANTA TERESA / HYDROELECTRICA / AGUAS CALIENTES After a healthful breakfast, we will initiate the long walk, towards the valley of Pampacahua where we will find rest of Inca channel, later we will descend till the archaeological site of Paucarcancha. Continue hiking along the Urubamba river until arriving finally at the hydroelectrica of Machu Pichu and then connect Aguas calientes (Breakfast : lunch : Tee time - Dinner).
MACHU PICCHU DAY / RETURNTO CUSCO This last day will start at 05:00 am and after breakfast short hike up or travel by bus to Machu Picchu archaeological site, complete guided tour to this amazing complex, leisure time to explorer on you own.
At 1:00 pm time to return hiking down or by tourist bus to Agues Calientes, time to have your lunch (optional) and transfer by train to Cusco. After 4 hours arrival to Cusco, transfer to your hotel and end service. (Breakfast).
- Inclusions -
- Pick up from your hotel and transfer by private bus the trailhead = Mollepata + Machu Picchu entrance fees + English speaking professional guide + Igloo tents + Double thickness foam mattress + Cooking equipment + Meals (4B, 4L, 4D) + Horses days 1 - 3 (for equipment and personal items and 1 emergency horse) + horse men + Porter's days 4 (to carry tents, cooking equipment and food) + Dining tent with camp tables and chairs + Kitchen tent + Accommodation for our porters and cooks + First aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle + Bus from Aguas Calientes town to Machu Pichu complex + Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Cusco + Transfer from the train station to your hotel.
- Exclusions -
- Personal horse to carry your items (rent $15.00 usd per day) + Sleeping Bag + Breakfast on the first day/lunch on the last day + Tips for guide and camp staff.
- Extras -
- WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING/CARRY: Backpack + Sleeping bag (can be hired from our office for US$3.00 usd per day) + Rain jacket or poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco/Peru) + Strong comfortable and waterproof footwear + One complete change of clothing (you can afford to carry more changes of clothing if you hire a personal porters, see options below) + Sweater and jacket (something warm) + Water bottle and purification tablets (Micropur are recommended and can be bought in local pharmacies in Cusco) + Flashlight and batteries + Hat or cap to protect you from the sun + Sun block (sun protection cream) + Insect repellent + Toiletries, towel and toilet paper + Selection of small snacks, chocolate, dried fruit, biscuits etc, + Camera, plenty of film and spare batteries + Swimsuit (if you plan on visiting the hot springs + You also need to bring your original passport on the trail + Optional: walking sticks or poles.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Cusco
- Cusco Machu Picchu 3 Days 2 Nights - 3 days from 430 USD
- Expedition in Manu National Park - 3 days from 615 USD
- Cusco Machu Picchu - 7 days from 1077 USD
- Holidays in Machupicchu - 6 days from 560 USD
- Inka Trail To Machupicchu - 4 days from 350 USD
- Cusco Celestial - 4 days from 514 USD
- Sacred Inca Trail 8 Days - 8 days from 945 USD
- Cuzco City of Inkas and Lima City of Kings - 6 days from 995 USD
- Visit the king and the Incas cities - 6 days from 560 USD
- Cusco and Machupicchu - 5 days from 350 USD
- Inca Trail to Machupicchu - 4 days from 280 USD
Email the tour operator - Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.