Colca trek Deep Canyon Deep Hike
- Walking / Hiking
- Price from:
- 100 USD /person
- +51 - (0)54 - 221658
- +51 - (0)54 - 221658
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 4 days
- Location Start:
- At the hotel in Arequipa - Peru
- Location Finish:
- At the hotel in Arequipa - Peru
- Start time:
- 06.00 am
- End time:
- 06.00 pm
- We Speak:
- Spanish, French, English, Quechua, German
Last updated: 09/05/2006
LUXURY TREKKING IN THE SECOND DEEPEST CANYON IN THE WORLD WITH PERU ADVENTURE TOURS
4 Days / 3 Nights
Arequipa : Colca Canyon : San Juan de Chuccho 06 HRS. Pick-up at hotel in Arequipa, orientation about our trek and journey of 6 hours to Colca Canyon - Cabanaconde village.
11 HRS. Brief stop at the Condor Cross - Tapay viewpoint (3600 meters above sea level). Lunch at Cabanaconde (3280 meters), located in the left rim of the Canyon. Start trekking in the Colca Canyon descending 4 hours to the Colca River (2160 meters), a difference of 1200 meters. We will cross to the other side of the Canyon and ascend to our family cabins or camping place.
16 HRS. Arrival to the lodge and short walk to the San Juan de Chuccho village (2300 meters above sea level). Get together with the children and locals from this valley, participation in agricultural and other activities. Campfire, dinner and family lodge.
San Juan de Chuccho - Fure Village 07 HRS. Continental country breakfast and begin long ascent to our next village called Tapay (3000 meters high). Visit Cosñirhua and Malata (2600 meters above sea level) its church of mixed racial ancestry, sights of the local landscape, very old terraces, snow-capped summits, varieties of flora and fauna.
After six hours hiking into both canyons (Colca & Llatica) passing small rivers, cactus forest, dry and dirty zones, will arrive to Fure village (3100m), located on the left rim of the Llatica canyon with mighty clean river.
14 Hrs. Have lunch in our family lodge, located over small hill, supported by pre Incas terraces worked by local villages and the best views of this greenness canyon. Free afternoon for rest, to explorer around or you can exchange languages with curious local kids. Breakfast, lunch, dinners and family lodge.
Fure Village : Llahuar Lodge Before breakfast we will do a short trekking to a nice waterfall of Waruro (80m), is hike is on the right bank of the Llatica river, following small path in the middle of the cactuses, walking over the cliffs and after one hour arrival to the powerful waterfall, completely green and noisy place.
09 Hrs. Breakfast in our lodge and continuing trekking going down to Llatica village and cross the river by an hanging, short explore to this quite place.
14 Hrs. We will arrive to deepest area of the Colca canyon. Llahuar (2100m) is a nice place located between Colca and Llatica rivers, one of the best places to get our lunch with nice view of both canyons. The afternoon is free to enjoy and use the thermals pools (hot spring) around the rivers. Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner and Family Lodge.
Llahuar Lodge - Arequipa 05 Hrs. Will be our breakfast and short trekking on the left bank of the Colca river, nice trekking crossing abandoned terraces completely cover by cactus, this small valley is called Soro (2050m) and then cross a suspension bridge over the Colca river to the other side and meet the 4x4. From Soro we travel up to Cabanaconde (3285m) by abandoned dirty truck that is 1 hour on our four wheel drive.
08 Hrs. We will be at the famous Condor Cross (3600m), wait 2 hours maximum for flight of biggest birds in the world. We continue travelling by 4x4 visiting different villages like Achoma, Maca, Achoma, Yanque and Chivay, all them located on the left margin of the Colca River with nice lookout, colony churches, souvenir markets, etc.
12 Hrs. We will be getting our lunch in good typical restaurant in Chivay town (3600m) and then travel 4 hours back to Arequipa.
17 Hrs. Arrival to Arequipa and end our experience.
Breakfast + Lunch + Canyon Entrance.
INCLUDED: Transfer Out/In + Official English Speaking Guide + Transfer from Arequipa/Colca/Arequipa + All meals + 3 Nights in family lodging or Camping + Canyon Entrance.
- Inclusions -
- Transfer Out/In + Official English Speaking Guide + Transfer from Arequipa/Colca/Arequipa + All meals + 3 Nights in family lodging or Camping + Canyon Entrance.
- Exclusions -
- Breakfast on the first day + Personal porter to carry your staff + Tips for guide and camp staff.
- Extras -
- TO BRING: Backpack + Rain jacket or poncho, plastic ponchos can be purchased in Arequipa/Peru (Dec - April) + Strong comfortable and waterproof footwear + Sweater and jacket (something warm) + Water bottle and purification tablets (Micropur are recommended) + Flashlight and batteries + Hat or cap to protect you from the sun + Sun block + Insect repellent + Toiletries, towel and toilet paper + Selection of small snacks + Camera, plenty of film and spare batteries + Swimsuit (hot springs at Chivay) + Optional: walking sticks or poles.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Arequipa
Email the tour operator - Colca trek Deep Canyon Deep Hike
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.