Colca Deepest Canyon
- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 42 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 2 days
- Location Start:
- your hotel in Arequipa
- Location Finish:
- your hotel in Arequipa
- Start time:
- 08.00 am
- End time:
- 05.30 pm
- We Speak:
- Polish, German, Spanish, English, Danish
Last updated: 11/03/2006
If you have a short time in Arequipa, this is the best way to visit the Colca Canyon, seen the national reserve on of vicuñas and the magnificent Colca canyon with the impressive flight of the condor
We start from Arequipa at 08:00, we pick you up at your hotel, in our private transport, after 2 hours we visit the Vicuñas National Reservation (Salinas y Aguada Blanca), Then we stop in Patahuasi were we can appreciate interesting geological formations, here we have to drink a mate the coca to avoid altitude sickness, them we arrive at 4,900m from where we can appreciate the view of all the volcanoes from the area like Misti, Chachani and Ampato (the mountain were they found the Inca mummy), also we can see mountains like Sabancaya, Walka Walka and Mismi (in this mountain is located the source of the Amazon river). We continue in our transport and we arrive at 13:30 to Chivay the capital of Colca / Caylloma region, here we have lunch in a traditional restaurant, then we have a little nice Colca trek of 30 minutes and after that, we visit the Calera hot springs, very hot and clean swimming pools (the best hot springs in Peru), them we go to our hotel in Chivay for extra info please contact
We have breakfast at 6:00 hours and then we go to Cruz del Condor in our transport, in the way we stop to take pictures of the villages at the other side of the canyon like Coporaque, Ichupampa and Lari, then we arrive to Cruz del Condor view point, here we can appreciate the canyon and the impressive condors flying after this we return to Chivay to have lunch visiting interesting villages like Pinchollo and Maca and other places, and after lunch in Chivay, we return to Arequipa (la Blanca ciudad) arriving at 17:00 hours.
- Extras -
- We start from Arequipa at 08:00 in our private transport, we pick you up at your hotel, after 2 hours driving, we visit the National Reservation of vicuñas, them we arrive at 4,900m point from were we can appreciate the view of all the volcanoes from the area. We continuous in our transport and we arrive at 13:30 hours to Chivay here we have lunch and after that, we visit the Calera hot springs, them we go to the hotel in Chivay.
We have breakfast at 6:00 hours and them in our transport we go to Cruz del Condor view point here we can appreciate the canyon and the impressive condors fly after this we return to Chivay for lunch visiting interesting villages and others, and after lunch we return to Arequipa arriving at 17:00 hours for more info please contact
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Arequipa
Email the tour operator - Colca Deepest Canyon
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.