Best Colca Trek
- Walking / Hiking
- Price from:
- 90 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 3 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 08.00 am
- End time:
- 05.00 pm
- We Speak:
- English, Spanish
Last updated: 04/23/2008
The Best Colca Trek is a mixed way to visit the villages of Colca Valley and hike the Colca canyon trail, be sure to take only the Colca Trek agency recommend in all the handbooks, new Colca Trek.
Day 1: We start from Arequipa at 08:00 in our private transport, we pick you up at your hotel after 2 hours driving we visit the Vicuñas National Reservation of Salinas and Aguada Blanca , we stop some minutes at Patahuasi to appreciate the handicrafts of alpaca and to drink a "mate
de coca" to avoid altitude sickness, because, the highest point on this road is 4,900 meters (more than 14,000 feet) at that altitude we can appreciate the view of all the volcanoes in line like Ubinas (smoking volcano) El Misti volcano ,Chachani, Ampato (were they found Juanita mummy)Sabancaya (active volcano), Hualca Hualca and Mismi (at this mountain is located the source of the Amazon river) and also the magic "Apachetas" piles of stones or rocks set by locals and also by tourists like an offering to the "Apus" (spirits living inside the mountains and volcanoes). We continue in our transport, descending to the 3,600 meters (11,500 feet) and we arrive at 13:30 hours to Chivay that is the capital of the Cailloma region, here we have lunch and after that, we have a short walk in the Colca valley and then we visit the Calera hot springs, them we return to the hotel in Chivay to spend the first night.
Day 2: We have breakfast at 6:00, then we go to Cruz del Condor view point in our transport, stopping in the village of Yanque and in a very impressive look out point to appreciate the amazing hydraulic system developed by the Collaguas ethnic group showed in this wonderful platforms and terraces of the Colca valley, then we continues to stop at La Cruz Del Condor to appreciate the deep Colca Canyon and the flight of the condor, after this we change the conventional guide for a trekking guide, then the rest of the group return to Arequipa, and you will start a new tour with our private trekking guide for Colca, that's why we call this excursion the mixed tour, we arrive to the side of the canyon and we start to hike Colca, descending 1000meters for 3 about hours, We will have lunch in the village of San Juan de Chuccho, here you will have a really nice view of the deepest canyon on earth, from this village after we continues again this hike true the Colca canyon arriving first up to Cosñirgua then we continue
to Malata Village and after these interesting visits we'll go walk down the Canyon to Sangalle Valley, a beautiful place located at the bottom of the " el cañón del Colca " . We will have Semi tropical weather and fruit trees are part of this beautiful oasis. Here we enjoy the swimming pool. We will have dinner cooked by our guide. We will rest and sleep in local houses or cabins here we have beds and blanquettes.
5:30 AM - Back up to Cabanaconde (1200 m up). We start the hike up whit the first light after breakfast this day we appreciate interesting views of the Colca Canyon. There is also a possibility to see condors again during the trek up to Cabanaconde from the oasis. We will have a cap of coffee when we arrive to the village, and afterwards we make the return trip to Arequipa by public bus, arriving at approximately 17.00 hours.
- Inclusions -
- Exclusions -
- tikets to the park
- Extras -
- The Best Colca Trek is a mixed way to visit the villages of Colca Valley and hike the Colca canyon trail, be sure to take only the Colca Trek agency recommend in all the handbooks, new Colca Trek.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Arequipa
- Colca Bike - 3 days from 120 EUR
- New Colca Trek - 4 days from 120 EUR
- Colca Canyon Bike Tour - 3 days from 300 USD
- Colca Deepest Canyon - 2 days from 42 USD
- Colca Trek Peru - 5 days from 200 EUR
- Colca trek Deep Canyon Deep Hike - 4 days from 100 USD
- Colca trek Peru Adventures Tours - 4 days from 125 USD
Email the tour operator - Best Colca Trek
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.