- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 95 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 10 hours
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 08.00 am
- End time:
- 06.00 pm
- We Speak:
- Spanish, English
Last updated: 08/10/2007
"Discover by yourself why Ecuador is one of the most mega-bio-diversed countries around the world, just in one day!
Early morning pick-up at your hotel. A full day discovering not only how an Ecuadorian campesino lives at one of the most privileged zones in Ecuador (Sub-tropical area 2 ½ hours drive from Quito ) but with a complete experience of changing: altitude, climate, landscape, flora, fauna and culture. From over 2.800 m .o.s.l. to 640 m .o.s.l. go and back just in hours. Through La Ruta del Quinde (Hummingbird's Route) by a non paved road, ascending from Quito with an impressive view of the northern city until reach the paramo' of the Pichincha Volcano. Then descending to the hacienda were you will live the daily activities are done with additional possibilities of: bird watching, horse ridding, hand made milking, palmito's harvest, walking, etc. At the end of this exiting day at the hacienda return will be made through a paved road passing close by Mindo (A sanctuary of birds), Las Palmas (were the jungle scenes of the film Proof of Live, with Meg Ryan and Russell Crowe, were taken) and the Equatorial Monument Line. Drop-off at your hotel at night.
- Inclusions -
- Typical full lunch & drinks
- Exclusions -
- Extras -
- 1.- Entire itinerary depends of climate. If sunny there will be additional possibilities for taking beautiful pictures and practicing additional, personnel activities.
2.- This is a full, safe and secure but 'everything goes' itinerary, not subject to exact minute by minute description.
3.- If you have a particular interest inform to us in advance to make all necessaries arrangements. We will try to accomplish as best as possible. We can also visit a producer of TROPICAL FLOWERS
4.- Driver and/or guide (Specially at winter-rainy season) will have the last word deciding what and were to do. No pressings will be accepted to change his decisions looking only for the comfort and safety of persons involved at the excursion.
5.- Lunch will be BBQ style accompanied by the specialty of the house: palmito's ceviche. If you have any special diet requirements please inform to us in advance. All kind of beverages, available at the hacienda, are included (Pure water, herbal's water, cofee, tea, juices, beer, wine). In the afternoon and before returning to Quito , typical coffee will be served.
6.- Recommended to bring extra clothes for changing before returning to Quito; cop, repellent and solar protector is a good idea. Be sure to bring sufficient film for you camera, protected accordingly against dust and-or humidity.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Quito
Email the tour operator - Quinde
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.