- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 2412 USD /person
- (831) 336-0167
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 06/28/2006
Enjoy Patagonia on your preferred dates with local expert guides. Buenos Aires, Peninsula Valdes, Los Glaciares NP and Tierra del Fuego.
BUENOS AIRES : Arrival and meeting at the airport. Transfer to the hotel. In the afternoon, you will enjoy a tour of this wonderful cosmopolitan city, capital of Argentina.
BUENOS AIRES : PUERTO MADRYN : Flight to Trelew and welcome to Patagonia! Drive to Puerto Madryn, a charming coastal city on the Golfo Nuevo shores. Lodging at your hotel for three nights. Rest of the afternoon and evening at leisure.(B)
PUNTA TOMBO : Visit to Punta Tombo rookery, the most important breeding colony of Magellan penguins in the world. You will walk through a trail that cuts deep into the colony to observe closely these fascinating birds. Other species such as kelp gulls, skuas, cormorants, giant petrels, dolphin gulls, the Chubut steamer duck, and Patagonian foxes also inhabit the area and may be seen here. On the way back you will visit GAIMAN, a traditional small town that was settled by Welsh immigrants in the 1870s. There you may enjoy a cup of tea and pastries (not included). In the evening, drive back to your hotel in Puerto Madryn. (B,L).
VALDES PENINSULA : Full day visit to Valdes Peninsula. On your way you will stop to see the wildlife of the area: guanacos, lesser rheas, Patagonian foxes, hairy armadillos, maras and the most important rookeries protecting large colonies of Southamerican sea lions, and Southern elephant seals. At Puerto Piramide, a village on the south side of the Peninsula, you may enjoy a boat excursion (optional) NOTE: whales remain in the area from June until the first weeks of December. Lodging in Puerto Madryn.(B)
TRELEW- EL CALAFATE : Transfer to the airport to fly to El Calafate, a small village located close to the shores of Argentino Lake. During the evening, you will be free to explore the region and take advantage of the beautiful sights, or you can rest in the cozy hotel. Dinner (B,D)
LOS GLACIARES NATIONAL PARK : After breakfast we will depart to visit Los Glaciares National Park. This park of 600.000 hectares (2,300 square miles) has thirteen glaciers that flow into the Argentino and Viedma lakes. Perito Moreno Glacier, is one of the few glaciers in the world that is still progressing. It is only 500 ft above sea level, which makes it very accessible, allowing one to stand in front of a mountain of ice that measures 60 m (180 ft) by 5 km (2.5 miles). The constant fall of huge towers of ice from its walls and into the lake is an unforgettable spectacle. Trekking Expedition: We will board a boat to cross Argentino Lake. We will land on a isolated beach and hike on the glacier. Picnic lunch at the park. In the evening, return to your hotel in El Calafate. Dinner at the hotel. (B,L,D)
EL CALAFATE - USHUAIA : Flight to Ushuaia. Arrival and transfer to the hotel. Rest of the day at leisure to enjoy this beautiful city on the shores of the Beagle Channel and its interesting End of the World Museum.(B)
USHUAIA : Full day visit to Tierra del Fuego National Park, hiking through the beech forest where you will likely see the Magellanic woodpeckers, largest in South America, Austral parakeets, black-chested buzzard eagles and Andean Condors. Lunch at the park. Lodging in Ushuaia. (B,L)
USHUAIA : Today you will enjoy a boat excursion on the Beagle Channel.(B)
USHUAIA - BUENOS AIRES : Transfer to the airport and flight back to Buenos Aires. Arrival, meeting at the airport and transfer to your hotel. Rest of the evening at leisure.(B)
BUENOS AIRES : Morning and afternoon at leisure to relax, shop and enjoy the city. In the evening transfer to the international airport and flight back to the U.S.(B)
- Extras -
- What is included:
- Flights in Argentina (Buenos Aires/Trelew/Ushuaia/El Calafate/Buenos Aires).
- Assistance of local bilingual expert guides.
- Accommodation for ten nights at first rate hotels.
- All breakfasts. Lunches and dinners as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Trek with crampons on the Perito Moreno glacier.
- All other local private excursions as detailed in the itinerary.
- Entrance fees to parks and reserves.
International flights. Optional boat excursion in Península Valdés. Services not mentioned in itinerary. Personal expenses.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Buenos Aires
- Buenos Aires City Tour - from 195 USD
- Buenos Aires Adventures in Architecture - from 195 USD
- Buenos Aires By Night - from 195 USD
- Argentine Wine Tasting Event - from 50 USD
- Jewish Day Tour Jewish Buenos Aires Deluxe Tour - from 255 USD
- Jewish Budget Day Tour Buenos Aires - from 80 USD
- Jewish Tour Jewish Buenos Aires - from 165 USD
- Buenos Aires City Tour - from 195 USD
- Buenos Aires Shopper - from 100 ARS
- Lunch and Dinner Tango Show - from 170 ARS
- City Tour in Buenos Aires - from 60 ARS
- Pub Crawl Best of Buenos Aires - from 60 ARS
- One Day Culinary Tour in Buenos Aires - from 150 USD
- Sailing Day - from 150 USD
- Walking B A - from 15 USD
- Gay Gaucho Night - from 60 USD
- Delta Islands & Tigre - from 400 USD
- Baires Fun 2Soccer Tour - from 40 USD
- Historical Buenos Aires - from 40 USD
- Buenos Aires Urban Adventure Jewish Singles - 7 days from 2300 USD
- Best of Argentina - 12 days from 1270 USD
- Buenos Aires Gone Wild - 7 days from 940 USD
- Buenos Aires For The Young - 7 days from 940 USD
- Tango Thru Argentina - 12 days from 3290 USD
- Spanish Immersion & Cultural Tours - 5 days from 180 USD
- Lesbigay Samba Tango Rio de Janeiro and Buenos Aires - 8 days from 1570 USD
- Lesbian & Gay Buenos Aires - 4 days from 510 USD
- Buenos Aires that old European style in America - 4 days from 410 USD
- Patagonia Tour - 14 days from 1400 USD
- Buenos Aires City - 5 days from 350 USD
- Football enthusiasts tour of Argentina and Brazil - 11 days from 1790 USD
- Buenos Aires VIP Party Tour - 7 days from 1599 USD
Email the tour operator - Discovering Patagonia
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.