Buenos Aires Shopper
- Price from:
- 100 ARS /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 06/12/2009
Fashion in Buenos Airesâ'where to begin? Prices (depending on the store) can be favorable to US and European tourists, but sizes are another thing altogether!
- Extras -
- PorteÃ±os (Buenos Aireans if you will) tend to follow the European trend and add their own distinctive American twist.
Basically, preppy goes over well hereâ€'classic and elegant. Pastel and primary colors versus garish hues are favored.
Clothes for women tend to be tight and sensual. High-heeled shoes or boots in winter with matching handbags are a hot ticket item.
Most women wear their hair long and dyed (hardly a gray hair in sight!).
Going to the salon in Argentina is a fabulous bargain, and can provide a fun cultural experience. Bring a picture in case your stylist is English-challenged.
Men also dress classically but their clothes are less snug-fitting.
The teensâ€ world, like in the other places â€round the world, is a separate fashion circle unto itself.
Jeans and sneakers are a safe bet.
Where to shop? Depending on what you are looking for:
San Telmo has great antique jewelry (not much open on Saturdays).
Galerias Pacificas, a mini-mall, on Florida Street (a pedestrian street full of shopping opportunities) is a nice place to get out of the hot or cold weather.
Good streets for walking and shopping include:
Avenida Santa Fe
The â€hipâ€ designers are located in Palermo Soho
Duration: Approx 3 hours
Pick-up/Drop-off from your hotel or apartment
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Buenos Aires
- Buenos Aires City Tour - from 195 USD
- Buenos Aires Adventures in Architecture - from 195 USD
- Buenos Aires By Night - from 195 USD
- Argentine Wine Tasting Event - from 50 USD
- Jewish Day Tour Jewish Buenos Aires Deluxe Tour - from 255 USD
- Jewish Budget Day Tour Buenos Aires - from 80 USD
- Jewish Tour Jewish Buenos Aires - from 165 USD
- Buenos Aires City Tour - from 195 USD
- Lunch and Dinner Tango Show - from 170 ARS
- City Tour in Buenos Aires - from 60 ARS
- Pub Crawl Best of Buenos Aires - from 60 ARS
- One Day Culinary Tour in Buenos Aires - from 150 USD
- Sailing Day - from 150 USD
- Walking B A - from 15 USD
- Gay Gaucho Night - from 60 USD
- Delta Islands & Tigre - from 400 USD
- Baires Fun 2Soccer Tour - from 40 USD
- Historical Buenos Aires - from 40 USD
- Buenos Aires Urban Adventure Jewish Singles - 7 days from 2300 USD
- Best of Argentina - 12 days from 1270 USD
- Buenos Aires Gone Wild - 7 days from 940 USD
- Buenos Aires For The Young - 7 days from 940 USD
- Tango Thru Argentina - 12 days from 3290 USD
- Spanish Immersion & Cultural Tours - 5 days from 180 USD
- Lesbigay Samba Tango Rio de Janeiro and Buenos Aires - 8 days from 1570 USD
- Lesbian & Gay Buenos Aires - 4 days from 510 USD
- Buenos Aires that old European style in America - 4 days from 410 USD
- Patagonia Tour - 14 days from 1400 USD
- Buenos Aires City - 5 days from 350 USD
- Football enthusiasts tour of Argentina and Brazil - 11 days from 1790 USD
- Discovering Patagonia - 11 days from 2412 USD
- Buenos Aires VIP Party Tour - 7 days from 1599 USD
Email the tour operator - Buenos Aires Shopper
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.