Historic Chinatown & Little Italy
- Walking / Hiking
- Price from:
- 18 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- Location Start:
- Chambers & Centre Streets
- Location Finish:
- Chambers & Centre Streets
- Start time:
- 11.00 pm
- End time:
- 01.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 05/08/2009
Walk with us as we explore the sights, smells and sounds of historic Chinatown & Little Italy, New York City.
Join us as we explore the ever-shifting boundaries of historic Chinatown and Little Italy. We'll discuss the changing face of the neighborhood over the last two centuries: from the Irish and the former Five Points district, to the present-day Little Italy and Chinatown. Along the way, we'll also talk about the current population of Chinatown, including its Cantonese, Fujianese and other Asian residents, as well as the remnants of the Italian population and businesses that inhabit Little Italy.
Stops on this walking tour may also include a combination of sites associated with: various outdoor fish and vegetable markets; Old St. Patrick's Church; Banca Stabile (an 1865 Neapolitan bank whose fixtures remain preserved); San Genaro (the patron saint of Naples); the Church of the Transfiguration; the Church of the Most Precious Blood; one of the oldest storefronts in Chinatown; the hub of old Chinatown (Doyers, Pell and Mott Streets); Mulberry Bend; Ragpickers' Row; Bandits' Roost; Callahan's saloon (where Al Jolson and Irving Berlin performed early on in their careers); the Edward Mooney House (one of the oldest townhouses in the city); Chatham Square and the Kim Lau Memorial; the Mariners' Temple (the oldest Baptist Church in the city); St. James Church (which had one of the largest Irish Catholic congregations in the city); and the burial ground of the first Jewish congregation in the United States.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in New York City
- New York Tour of TV & Movie Sites - from 38 USD
- Gotham Walking Tours - from 18 USD
- Central Park Audio Tour - from 7.95 USD
- Hip Hop Tour Led by Pioneers of Rap - from 48 USD
- Walk It Out The Harlem Hip Hop Walking Tour - from 25 USD
- Queens Bridge & Hollis Rap Tour - from 30 USD
- Harlem Hip Hop Church with Kurtis Blow - from 20 USD
- Personal New York City Tours - from 35 USD
- Harlem Hip Hop Tours - from 500 USD
- Liberty Tour - from 119 USD
Email the tour operator - Historic Chinatown & Little Italy
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.