Central Park Audio Tour
- Walking / Hiking
- Price from:
- 7.95 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 2 hours
- Location Start:
- Columbus Circle
- Location Finish:
- Central Park Zoo
- We Speak:
Last updated: 10/20/2007
CityListen Audio Tours brings you Central Park as you've never seen it before. Native or visitor will gain a true appreciation for one of the greatest achievements in landscaping and urban development
CityListen Audio Tours.
Downloadable audio walking tour.
* Tavern on the Green: from sheepfold to fine dining
* Sheep Meadow: there really were sheep on this meadow from 1864-1934
* The Carousel: The original carousel was built in the 1870s, this one was moved here from Coney Island in the 1950s and is one of the finest merry-go-rounds in America
* The Dairy: Part of a social experiment to bring free milk to working class kids
* The Mall: The formal centerpiece of the park, creating a straight line that runs due North-South through the park on a line with Belvedere Castle
* Bethesda Terrace: The most ornately carved area of the park; best place to see the Ramble, Lake, and Angel of the Waters as one long view
* The Model Boat pond: If you're here on a nice weekend, rent a model boat and give it a whirl.
* Cleopatra's Needle: Brought to America in 1880s, carved ca. 1500 BC
* Belvedere Castle: Turret is highest point in the park
* Shakespeare Garden: Planted in the 1920s to ensure that as many plants as mentioned in Shakespeare that could grow in a NYC climate would be available for the enjoyment/edification of Americans
* And, of course, the most popular statue in the park.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in New York City
- New York Tour of TV & Movie Sites - from 38 USD
- Historic Chinatown & Little Italy - from 18 USD
- Gotham Walking Tours - from 18 USD
- Hip Hop Tour Led by Pioneers of Rap - from 48 USD
- Walk It Out The Harlem Hip Hop Walking Tour - from 25 USD
- Queens Bridge & Hollis Rap Tour - from 30 USD
- Harlem Hip Hop Church with Kurtis Blow - from 20 USD
- Personal New York City Tours - from 35 USD
- Harlem Hip Hop Tours - from 500 USD
- Liberty Tour - from 119 USD
Email the tour operator - Central Park Audio Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.