Journey to San Miguel
- Price from:
- 1670 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 9 days
- Location Start:
- pick up Leon Airport, Guanajuato Mexico
- Location Finish:
- Drop off Leon Airport, Guanajuato Mexico
- Start time:
- 12.00 pm
- End time:
- 12.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 12/14/2008
July 17/18- July 26, 2009, Create art with master artists, sample some of the many delightsof the charming colonial town of San Miguel de Allende, with free time for your ownadventures and relaxation
Be met in Leon and transferred to out charming small hotel just a few blocks from the central historic town plaza. Meet and greet this afternoon. Hotel dinner. Our hostess has written a cookbook and has some culinary treats in store for us.
Morning meet in the home and studio of an extraordinary local aritst
Take an orientation walk with local guide. Reception drinks and Mexican snacks and view an outstanding collection of local artwork and indigenous masks.
Excursion into the countryside to the interesting town of Guanajuato with wonderful local guide, and enjoy free time here to explore on own as well.
Take a relaxing soak in healing hot springs. Then this afternoon begin to create art with local master artists: silver making, or sketch and paint.
Free morning. This afternoon spend time with local renowned cook and then enjoy a comida sampling various dishes.
Visit the town of Dolores Hilalgo and artisans creating the finest Talavera ceramic ware. Free time this afternoon.
This morning more time with local artists, silver making, painting. Afternoon drinks and reception and viewing wonderful jewelry
Last minute shopping and exploring.
Flights home today. Hasta Luego and enjoy the ongoing journey.
- Inclusions -
- 8 nights dbl. occ. lovely small hotel
- Exclusions -
- lunches are on own
- Extras -
- Call early re flights to Leon.
Group size is limited to 16.
Single supplement available for $400.
$300 deposit holds your place.
Contact Journeys off the Tourist Track
and leader Linda County
415-485-0247 with questions or for more info.(CST#2038994-40, ASTA)
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in San Miguel de Allende
- Historic San Miguel - from 65 USD
Email the tour operator - Journey to San Miguel
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.