Pacific Caribbean Way
- Price from:
- 705 USD /person
- 52-55 55844401
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 15 days
- Location Start:
- Mexico City
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- Spanish, French, English
Last updated: 03/28/2007
Take a trip through central and southern Mexico where we will show you the best beaches of the Pacific Coast, the lush jungle of ChiapasYucatan Peninsula. You will visit the impressive archaeological
MEXICO : ZAPOTITLAN CACTI FOREST - To start our amazing trip we depart Mexico City and head straight to the Zapotitlan Cacti Forest where you take a guided one-hour hike through a thousand-year-old cacti forest.
Take a trip outside of town to visit the MONTE ALBAN : MITLA - Monte Alban and Mitla archaeological sites where you will learn about the mysterious Mixtec and Zapotec cultures.
OAXACA - Take your time exploring the well preserved colonial city of Oaxaca and don't miss the 20 de Noviembre street market or Santo Domingo Church. Take a stroll around the Zocalo in the evening and dine at the local restaurants and bars.
BAMBA BACKPACKERS PARADISE - Depart to Bamba Backpacker's Paradise in the morning arriving to the white sand beach for a refreshing dip in the Pacific Ocean. Climb the sand dunes and then satisfy your hunger with a delicious home-cooked seafood meal prepared by a local family. In the evening, hang up your hammocks, light a bonfire and enjoy the privacy of a secluded beach surrounded by nothing but stars and cool new friends.
SUMIDERO CANYON - We will arrive in the early afternoon to the town of Chiapa de Corzo where you can take a speedboat ride through the Sumidero Canyon carved out by the Grijalva River where you will be amazed by the canyon's natural rock walls rising over 1 km.
SAN CRISTOBAL : Continue to the cool, colonial highland town of San Cristobal where you can visit the colorful indigenous communities, San Juan Chamula and Zinacantan, two small towns that are bustling with life and unique traditional cultures.
MONTEBELLO LAKES : COLON LAKES - Take a day trip to Colon Lakes and Montebello Lakes, some of nature's very own masterpieces.
PALENQUE - Take your first peek at the Lacandon Jungle as you walk among the breathtaking Mayan ruins in the impressive archaeological site of Palenque. Spend the night in the jungle lodge of Panchan where you will enjoy live music and fire juggling performances among a group of like-minded friends.
CAMPECHE - Visit Campeche, a UNESCO World Heritage site and a beautiful colonial city. Visit the remains of the Baluarte Santiago, the large walls that once protected the city from pirate attacks and take a stroll through the impressive museum.
MERIDA - In Merida, the ancient Mayan city of Tho, The Plaza Grande, or Main Square, is the central point for all walking tours and a great jumping off point for sightseeing around the city.
CELESTUN BIOSPHERE RESERVE - Visit the white sand beaches of Celestun and take a boat ride through the swamps, mangroves, petrified forests and freshwater cenotes in the Ria Celestun Biosphere Reserve.
CHICHEN ITZA - Stop at the famous Chichen-Itza Ruins where you can observe the unique architecture and phenomenon that occurs during the March equinox when the shadow of a serpent slides gracefully down the largest main pyramid. Climb to the top of the main pyramid where you can contemplate the mystical disappearance of the Mayan in the 14th century.
TULUM - Arriving to Tulum you will be impressed by the most beautiful and interesting Mayan ruins set upon cliffs overlooking the blue Caribbean Sea.
PLAYA DEL CARMEN - Stroll down the pedestrian only strip of La Quinta Avenida in the laidback town of Playa del Carmen to take a look at the popular shops, quench your thirst at a trendy cafe or grab a snack at a local restaurant before heading to the beach.
CANCUN - Our adventure ends in Cancun where any activity you are looking for can be found here. Relax on the white sand beaches, snorkel, scuba dive or party at the nightclubs with your new Bamba friends.
- Inclusions -
- Entrance to National Parks: Zapotitlan Cacti Forest, Celestun Biosphere Reserve, Montebello Lakes, Sumidero Canyon, Agua Azul and Misol-Ha waterfalls.
- Exclusions -
- Loacl Payment 200.00 usd - This amount is the final cash payment for your adventure; it facilitates the flow of funds to the local cool guides. Paying locally allows us to reduce the total price of the adventure so we can keep our prices competitive and pass our cost savings on to you.
- Extras -
- Be sure to pack layers for variations in climate, as we will be traveling through highland and mountainous regions of the country as well as tropical coastal climates. Be sure to pack your swimsuit, towel and flip-flops for beach days as well as bug repellant and comfortable shoes for the jungle archaeological sites.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Mexico City
- Hopon Hopoff Transportation Network - from 115 USD
Email the tour operator - Pacific Caribbean Way
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.