Green Water Highlights
- Price from:
- 892 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 8 days
- Location Start:
- Cozumel or Playa del Carmen
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
Last updated: 12/06/2006
8 day tour to the two most popular Mayan sites of Guatemala, and a more exclusive part of the Mayan Jungle. Canoe to Mayan Island and bicycle 2 days deep inside jungle to find hidden Mayan temples
After meeting the group and guide over dinner in Cozumel Island, we prepare to leave for Bacalar the next morning. Cozumel Island still has 97% of its nature left and is a perfect destination for snorkeling, scubadiving, wind-, board- and kitesurfing or just relax on one of the many white sand beaches. We recommend you to arrive a few days early and explore the island's beauty before our 15 day travels start. Duende Reizen is more then happy to help you make hotel and excursion reservations.
In the morning we cross to mainland and travel to Bacalar.
Arriving in Bacalar we have plenty of time to enjoy the lagoon of 7 colors and dive into the endlessly deep waters of Cenote Azul.
The next day we will cross trough Belize and into the jungles of Guatemala, arriving at our destination Yaxha in the afternoon where camp has already been set up for us and dinner is awaiting. At night we take canoes out on the green-waters (Yax-ha) of the lake where we look for crocodiles.
Early the next morning we awake to howling monkeys that invite us to explore the impressive Mayan ruins of Yaxha. In the afternoon
we will canoe to the island Topoxte. Here the ruins are so small that people believe they were built for duendes. Enchanted by the magic of this island, we canoe back to our campsite at Yaxha where we fall asleep dreaming of the adventure ahead of us.
Today we will ride our bicycles on off-road jungle paths 17 km/ 11miles deeper into the jungle. We come to the Mayan ruins of Nakum, after exploring the site we set up camp and spent the night here.
We leave Nakum again and ride the bicycles back to Yaxha, where we can have a refreshing break at the lake before a minibus takes us to Tikal, where we will spent the night camping.
Waking up in Tikal is an unforgettable experience and a unique chance to visit the ruins at dawn. We have all day to explore the ruins and its surrounding jungles full with monkeys, cuatimundies, toucans, parrots and countless other plant and animal life. That night we sleep in the typical limestone cabañas of El Remate, a small woodcarvers, ecotourism village on the edge of lake Peten Itza with its warm turquoise transparent waters.
The last day is of long travel, all the way the Riviera Maya, where our last night is spend in Tulum's white sand beach cabañas.
- Extras -
- All informacion at site.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Cozumel
- Deep Sea Sportfishing - from 295 USD
- Swim With Dolphins in Cozumel by Dolphin Discovery - from 74.5 USD
- Deep Sea Fishing - from 420 USD
- Scuba Diving - from 70 USD
- Scuba Diving - 30 days from 80 MXN
Email the tour operator - Green Water Highlights
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.