Deep Sea Fishing
- Price from:
- 420 USD /person
- 888 3333 4643
- 888 3333 4643
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 8 hours
- Location Start:
- pier of your choice
- Location Finish:
- pier of your choice
- Start time:
- 06.00 am
- End time:
- 07.00 pm
- We Speak:
- Spanish, English
Last updated: 08/31/2006
Albatros Charters is available for private sport fishing in Cozumel, Mexico. We supply all the necessary fishing gear, the lures, the bait, the licenses and the refreshments.
All of our boats use Penn International, Quantum and some custom Reels and Rods (combination thereof). In fact, Albatros Charters is an official tester for Quantum equipment. Or if you prefer, you can bring your own gear to fish. The boats are all professionally rigged with equipment, outriggers, downriggers, fighting chairs down to the crew and service. Most of the crew speak very good English, all know some. But don't let that stop you from diggin around the coolers to find the purified water, soft drinks, Mexican beers, snacks (light food, such as fresh fruit, coffee cake, chips) which all of our trips include. In fact, there is even a light lunch on both the 6 and 8 hour charter. And don't be surprised if the crew prepares some of your fresh catch for you on those 6 or 8 hour trips. For your convenience we pick you up and leave you at your hotel dock. Or if you are coming in on a cruise ship or over from Playa Del Carmen we'll meet you at a close walkable pier or the downtown ferry pier to ensure quick getaways and convenience. At Albatros Charters we try our best to make your trip to this Mexico island as safe, enjoyable and easy as possible. Sport fishing in the Cozumel area is primarily done with trolling where we use outriggers and down riggers and have a minimum of 5 lines in the water. Since the drop off for deep fishing is so close to the shore, travel times to begin good trolling are almost non existent, however, at certain times of the year, more travel time is required, and we'll do our best to get you to the 'hot' spots as quickly as possible. Depending on the season you can expect to catch Sailfish, Blue and White Marlin (preference to catch and release billfish), Wahoo, Grouper, Snapper, Dorado (Dolphin, Mahi-Mahi) and Barracuda just to name a few. During the high season (April through July) you can expect to catch Blue Marlin, White Marlin, Sail fish, Dolphin and Tuna. Year round, expect to catch Wahoo, Grouper, Barracuda, Mackerel, Amberjack and Snapper and blackfin tuna. If the trolling is slow and the boats situated well, perhaps our guys can change over to a little bottom fishing to keep you busy.
- Extras -
- Our first boat was the Albatros. It has grown, literally, and changed well over the years. It is now a 40 foot Chris Craft. The fishing equipment is combination, Penn International, Quantum and custom. The fighting chair is equipped with adjustable foot rest and armrests. It has a cabin below deck with a walk-in head and kitchen facilities. It also has a 4 foot platform and christmas tree ladder on back for easy entries and exits from the water should you prefer a combination dive/fish or snorkel/fish. However, the Albatros has a strong base of clientele for fishing and that's it's first love. It's a good, clean, hard working boat. The crew is amazing. Captain Pedro and Julian take excellent care of the boat and most people comment that if the crew was not busy changing out bait, helping reel in, they were cleaning equipment.
The seasons get hopping down here and you'll often find Albatros Charters leased boats include Tiara, Jersey, Luhrs and Wellcraft all in the 30 foot range. We stand behind our word. All the boats are comparable with bathrooms, fighting chairs, fly bridges and equipment, not to mention qualified and English speaking crew. Albatros Charters works hard to ensure that you are well taken care of, whether you are fishing, diving or snorkeling. It is the personal customization and attention to detail that you'll find comforting on your trip!
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Cozumel
- Deep Sea Sportfishing - from 295 USD
- Swim With Dolphins in Cozumel by Dolphin Discovery - from 74.5 USD
- Scuba Diving - from 70 USD
Email the tour operator - Deep Sea Fishing
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.