Viking Trail Experience
- Price from:
- 2600 CAD /person
- 709 722-3524
- 709 722-3335
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 8 days
- Location Start:
- Deer Lake Airport; Deer Lake, NL
- Location Finish:
- Deer Lake Airport
- Start time:
- 09.00 am
- End time:
- 06.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 01/05/2009
The Norse site at L'Anse aux Meadows, Gros Morne Park and the wonders of southern Labrador headline our gentle week-long adventure. Great food, experienced hosts, and lots of fun and exploring await.
We meet you at Deer Lake airport (YDF) and take you to Gros Morne for the evening. We use comfortable local hotels throughout this small group escorted holiday. Get ready for a gentle adventure featuring beautiful/interesting days, great local cuisine, and comfortable nights.
The boat trip on Western Brook Pond's dramatic inland fjord, moose and caribou, and the amazing geology of this UNESCO World Heritage site are featured on today's itinerary.
Today we explore the Tablelands - according to poets and geologists, this is where the earth show's her bones. We visit traditional foshing villages and we walk on the centre of the earth....er...well...actually it is the world's largest extrusion of mantle material from deep within the earth.
Today we leave the sand dunes and sea caves of Gros Morne behind and take the ferry to Labrador. We look for whales, seals and icebergs. Some lists include this ferry ride as one of the planet's top ten pelagic seabird watching trips. Birders and nature lovers can look for fulmars, puffins, shearwaters, murres, and more. We dock in Quebec and travel to Labrador for the night.
The new world's oldest burial mound and Atlantic Canada's tallest lighthouse turn this into a day full of archaeological curiosity and scenic wonders. Our leader will show off his favorite whale watching lookout. We should mention that the food at our hotel is excellent.
We take the ferry back to Newfoundland and look for more seabirds, seals, and whales. Then its on to another UNESCO World Heritage Site - the new world home of Lief Ericson. Icebergs, eider ducks, and the northern extreme of the Appalachians add to the day's highlights.
We further explore the dramatic coastline and highlights of the northern tip of Newfoundland before travelling to scenic Corner Brook, Newfoundland and Labrador's second city, for a night in the beautiful Glynmill Inn.
Today we return you to Deer Lake airport for your trip back home or your transfer to St. John's where you will be joining one of our eastern Newfoundland excursions with Adventure Newfoundland or Wildland Tours.
- Exclusions -
- five dinners are excluded
- Extras -
- This itinerary includes airport transfers, all transportation once you arrive in Deer Lake, all breakfasts, all lunches, the ferry to Labrador, the boat trip in Gros Morne, all admissions, and lots of fun.
Adventure Newfoundland and Wildland Tours has been offering these excursions since the 1990s. Our biggest single source of guests is past guests from our other programs and the friends of folks who have enjoyed this trip before.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Gros Morne National Park
- Gros Morne Excursion - 6 days from 1399 CAD
Email the tour operator - Viking Trail Experience
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.