The Polar Bear Experience
- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 3219 CAD /person
- 1 800 661 3830
- 204 949 0188
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 7 days
- Location Start:
- Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
- Location Finish:
- Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
- We Speak:
Last updated: 09/15/2006
Our most popular Churchill tour is The Polar Bear Experience, a 7 day adventure in "the Kingdom of the Ice Bear".
Your tour begins upon check-in at the Fort Garry Hotel located in the heart of downtown Winnipeg.
Today you will be met by a representative of The Great Canadian Travel Company and transferred to the Winnipeg International Airport for the flight to Churchill. Upon arrival you will be met by your Naturalist Guide and transferred to your hotel. A Welcome Dinner and introductory talk will be held this evening. (B,D)
The Kingdom of the Ice Bears! On board the famous Tundra Buggy your guide and driver will use their vast experience to seek out these amazing animals and position the buggy for the most advantageous view for photography. This unique vehicle is well heated and washroom equipped. A viewing platform on the back of the vehicle, although a little cool, also allows for an unobstructed view. A hearty lunch will be served onboard. (B,L)
This day's activities are centered around Churchill. Discover the town's colourful history on the Town and Area Tour, and visit local places of interest such as Cape Merry, the Port of Churchill, with the chance to see a local sled-dog team in action. (B)
A second full day out on the tundra offers the opportunity to observe the behavior of the Great White Bear, and the relationships it forms with other wildlife species. (B, L) A Farewell Dinner this evening will give everyone an opportunity to reflect on this unique experience. (B,L,D)
This morning is your last chance to explore the shops, visit with new friends or take those last minute photos. The Calm Air flight south takes you back to Winnipeg and the Fort Garry Hotel for a good rest after your Churchill adventure. (B)
This tour ends following breakfast at the hotel. (B)
- Extras -
CA$3219 · US$2619
Per person twin share
CA$775 · US$630
CA$195 · US$160 Per direction
· Round-trip airfare between Winnipeg and Churchill.
· Round-trip transfers
· 6 nights hotel accommodation.
· Meals as indicated in itinerary (B, L, D).
· Tours as indicated in itinerary.
· Services of a naturalist guide.
· Taxes, fees and airline surcharges.
· 7% GST.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Winnipeg
Email the tour operator - The Polar Bear Experience
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.