Grizzly Bear Journey
- Nature / Eco
- Price from:
- 340 CAD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 8 hours
- Location Start:
- Campbell River, B.C.
- Location Finish:
- Campbell River, B.C.
- Start time:
- 09.00 am
- End time:
- 05.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 03/12/2007
Journey with Aboriginal guides to view massive Grizzly Bears feasting on spawning salmon in the Orford River valley in beautiful Bute Inlet, British Columbia. Home of the Homalco First Nation peoples.
Our journey begins in Campbell River at the Discovery Harbour Marina . We travel onboard our 27 foot covered and heated vessel with an onboard washroom to Orford River in Bute Inlet .
This is the traditional home of the Homalco First Nation.
Upon arrival you will be greeted by Homalco aboriginal guides who will transporting you
by mini bus to various bear viewing platforms situated in strategic locations through out
the valley. Here you will witness awesome grizzly bears feasting on spawning salmon.
These salmon have returned from years at sea to the river where they were born.
Its truly one of natures wonders.
Along the way to the grizzly bear viewing sites you will observe beautiful coastal scenery with its lush rainforests and swirling tidal waters. On this journey you may also observe killer whales,black bears, dolphins, porpoises, eagles, seals, sea lions and more. Experienced locally born guides with a minimum 30 years on the water.
A spectacular Grizzly Bear Adventure Awaits!!
Make sure to bring your camera for a spectacular sightseeing adventure you will never forget!
- Inclusions -
- Lunch included
- Extras -
- No children under 10 permitted on this tour.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Campbell River
- Marine Wildlife Journey - from 170 CAD
- Whale & Grizzly Bear Watching - 3 days from 169 CAD
Email the tour operator - Grizzly Bear Journey
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.