Broken Earth Heart Excursion
- Price from:
- 3500 USD /person
- (505) 685-0533
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 15 days
- Location Start:
- JFK, New York City
- Location Finish:
- JFK, New York City
- Start time:
- 06.30 am
- End time:
- 09.00 pm
- We Speak:
- Greek, Turkish, German, Spanish, French, English, Arabic
Last updated: 02/21/2007
A Journey of Spiritual Awakening. Heart Excursions are life changing journeys into a side of life that few persons dare to wander. Guaranteed to change the way you see the world and yourself.
Direct from Damascus International Airport your hosts, James and Suzanne will take you to an old comfortable private Arabic Bed & Breakfast where you will enjoy a taste of real Arabic life, culture and cuisine.
The day begins with a delicious authentic Arabic breakfast fit for a sultan. For the men it is off to the famous damascene bath house for a steam bath, massage and sauna. Women are welcome to go on days and times designated for women later in the week. Ladies get an exclusive shooping tour of the fine embroidery and brocade shops in the old city market. Later that same day we rendezvous at the Grand Umayyad Mosque at the tomb of John the Baptist. That evening we attend an authentic sufi hadra (spiritual meditation ceremony) for an extraordinary cultural experience.
Today be prepared for a spirtually charged journey to the Maqams (Tombs) of Saints and Prophets. The essence of every culture lies in it's spiritual traditions. A side of Damascus often missed by most travlers. Be prepared for interesting architecture, stories, and spiritual insights. The Maqam tour over a three day period includes stops at the place Paul reportedly received revelation, Ibn Al-Arabia, the famous Sufi Saint, Khalid Bagdadi, and the Saint of all Saints Abdullah Dagastani to mention a few.
More Maqam surprises and spiritual insights.
Our last Maqam tour day will be spent, weather permiting, climbing mount Qayssun to visit the location and cave where Cane killed Able.Our journey will include a visit to the Maqam of the Forty Saints. A delcious packed lunch will be served on the mountain overlooking the entire Damascus valley below.
The last known Christian village where the language that Jesus spoke is our next stop with an overnight visit. This small village called Malula will make you think you have stepped a thousnad years back in time.We have special friends here that will make your visit something to remeber. Events we will try to encounter are not planned or staged, it is what happens naturally. We will attempt to show you an authentic side of life in Malula.
After a morning spent with friends in Malula. likely a breakfast hosted by a local family in their home, it is off to the mountains village of Rancous, to see a side of Muslim life few encounter.Our day will include a visit to the mountain Maqam of Uwais Al-Qarani in the Loving Village (Mahaba).
Our next stop is at the monastary in Saydinah for a short tour of the Christian Holy site. Dinner will be served at a favorite truck stop that serves delicious kabab's.
A fresh early start and we are off to Aleppo, perhaps the most beautiful city in Syria. We will spend our first day at the Citadel in the center of the city and then stop off for a refreshing frozen fruit drink at the sidewalk caf'e overlooking the famous old market and magnificent Citadel.That afternoon will be spent wandering the marketplaces and negotiating the best prices on some incredible clothing, tablecloths, brass goods and much more.
Aleppo, like most parts of Syria are rich in history and spiritual adventure. Today we discover some of it's hidden treasures led by one of the more respected Sufi scholars in the area.
We cross into Turkish territory today for an amazing journey to Konya, home of Jalahudin Rumi, the famous poet and Whirling Dervish. The night is spent in a local Sufi darga, a very special treat.
Our air conditioned private bus takes us to the ferry that will transport us to Cyprus for the last few days of our Heart Excursion. These days promise not to disapoint. In Cyprus we will go directly to Lefke on the northern side of Cyprus where we will stay in a Bed & Breakfast. Our purpose for visiting this small village is to meet a man known as the Pole of Creation and the Proof of Generosity. An extraordinary encounter you will never forget.
Our morning starts with hopefully a breakfast with this friendly an spiritually emlightend old Sufi Master. If possible, because nothing is planned or contrived with this man, we will eat at his home and visit his Sufi Darga where followers of his travel from all parts of the globe to come pay their respects and recieve guidance from this wonderfully wise man.
The Christian village of Lefkara is our next target where a good nights sleep folowed by a day of discovery in this remarkably quaint village. Later that afternoon we will go visit the Tomb of Barnabus, the most trusted companion of Jesus, and the adjacent church. Later that day we will go to the newly
Back to Damascus from the Larnaca Airport on the Greek side of Cyprus. Here you have a choice to continue wour exploration of Damascus on your own or fly back home. We will offer you assistance in whatever direction you choose to go.
- Inclusions -
- This is ful package with accomodations, transportation, meals, tickets, ferry boat passage all inclusive.
- Exclusions -
- Excursion guests must make travel arrangements to and from JFk airport on the appropriate dates and times.
- Extras -
- Be prepared to be taken to places and shown a side of life that few people will ever encounter. This promises to be an experience of a lifetime. The Broken Earth Heart Excursions are holy journeys that brings with it an immeasurable amount of life experience and health. The benefits of simply setting foot in places like Damascus are very profound and will be discussed by James and Suzanne, your hosts, extensively.
Groups are intimate and relaxed and the itinerary is subject to change as James and Suzanne are big on listening to their hearts and exploring the unexpected. This is not your average locked down tour group.
Visit our website for the lastest information concerning the Heart Excursions.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Damascus
- Alnajwa Damascus Tour - 15 days from 600 EUR
- Discover Syria in 8 Days - 8 days from 1500 USD
- archeology touArcheology Tour Desert Kingdomsr Desert Kingdoms - 8 days from 1445 USD
- Syria 7 Nights 8 Days Classical Tour - 8 days from 920 EUR
- Archeology Tour - 5 days from 1325 EUR
- Amazing Taste of History - 6 days from 760 USD
- Big Tour Of Syria - 15 days from 1700 EUR
Email the tour operator - Broken Earth Heart Excursion
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.