Land of Wonders
- Price from:
- 484 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 02/29/2008
Short break in Jordan to visit Amman Jersh - Petra Madaba Mt. Nebo & Dead Sea
Arrival to Queen Alia airport, our representative will assist you through passport control formalities, luggage identification & portage will greet you. From the airport you will be transferred by a private A/C car to your hotel in Amman and overnight in Amman.
Breakfast. You will be driven to visit Jerash, which was known as the Pompeii of the east, and also known as the city of 1000 pillars, you will also visit the triple arched gate, the huge hippodrome, the theater and the only roman forum surrounded by 63 ionic columns. Then visit Ajlun, Pella and Umm Qais, back to Amman for overnight
After breakfast, you will be driven southward along the King's Highway one of the oldest trade routes in the world runs 200 miles along Jordan's hilly backbone, you will stop at the Byzantine Church of Mt. Nebo, and then proceed to Madaba where you will see a unique map of Palestine. Afterwards you will reach the Dead Sea the lowest spot on earth, 1306 feet below sea level. Enjoy the bizarre but delightful experience of floating on the surface of the buoyant waters, four times saltier than regular seawater. Proceed to Petra, overnight in Petra.
Breakfast. Start your full day tour to visit Petra "the rose red city". The city comprises a complete urban infrastructure which includes temples, baths, private houses, high places, paved streets, public buildings, markets, theaters, reservoirs and cisterns. It's entrance, a one-kilometer long fissure through the towering cliffs, "The Siq", provides a dramatic approach and induction to the city. The narrow winding path through the canyon dramatically opens up to expose the awesome facade of the Elkhazneh, "the treasury", overnight in Petra.
Breakfast, our representative will transfer you to the airport and assist you at the airport through final departure formalities.
- Inclusions -
- 2 nights hotel accommodation in Amman on bed and breakfast basis
- Exclusions -
- Visa Entry for Jordan and Departure taxes in Jordan
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Amman
- Jordan Camel Riding Tour 4 Days - 4 days from 456 USD
- Jordan Camel Riding and Classic Tour - 8 days from 935 USD
- 5 Days Trip 2 Jordan smart travelers choice to see JORDAN... - 5 days from 535 USD
- Jordan Royal Tour - 8 days from 795 EUR
- Petra on the Road - 2 days from 250 USD
- Beyond the Jordan - 7 days from 673 USD
- Jordan Castles - 8 days from 775 USD
- 5 Days 2 Jordan - 5 days from 355 JOD
- 5 days 2 Jordan Smart Choice - 5 days from 500 USD
- Land of Wonders Jordan - 5 days from 425 USD
- Around Jordan in 8 days Private for Individual Travelers - 8 days from 620 USD
Email the tour operator - Land of Wonders
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.