- Price from:
- 769 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 8 days
- Location Start:
- Ben Gurion Airport - Tel Aviv
- Location Finish:
- Ben Gurion Airport - Tel Aviv
- We Speak:
Last updated: 09/18/2007
Israel Highlights - A tour for all faiths, opening a window over Israel's past & Present history, its people and culture.
Upon arrival to airport meet our representative and transfer to hotel in Tel Aviv for an overnight.
Leave Tel Aviv - via Ashdod - Ashkelon - Beersheba. A short visit to the Negev capital. Continue via Arad to Massada. Ascend by cable car to the fortress, which was the last stronghold of the Jewish Zealots in their war against the Romans. Visit the excavations, Herod's palaces, the synagogue, bathhouse, etc. Enjoy the breathtaking view of the Roman camps and the Dead Sea. Descend for a swim in the lowest place on earth - the Dead Sea. Via Ein Gedi & Kalya, proceed to Jerusalem for overnight.
Jerusalem - sightseeing of the new city drive to Mt' Scopus for a panoramic view of Jerusalem. On to the Garden of Gethsemane and Church of the Agony. Drive to Mt' Zion for a visit to the tomb of King David, the Room of the Last Supper and Dormition Abbey. Sightseeing in the new city including the Israel Museum's Shrine of the Book with the famous Dead Sea scrolls, new Supreme Court bldg. Mt' Herzl and Yad Vashem (the memorial to the six million Jews who were killed in the Holocaust). Then visit the model of the Herodian city of Jerusalem dating back to the time of the Second Temple. Afternoon visit of the Hadassah medical center in the synagogue with Marc Chagall stained glass windows, then via Ein Karem (the birth place of John the Baptist). Return to Hotel.
Walk through one of the Gates to the walled Old City: the renewed Jewish Quarter; the Western Wall, the Temple area; the colorful bazaars; Via Dolorosa, and the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. Continue to Bethlehem* to visit Rachel's Tomb and the Church of the Nativity and return to Jerusalem for overnight.
Leave Jerusalem, and drive north via Jericho*, the oldest city in the world. Then via the Jordan Valley and the new settlements to Beit Shean. Visit the excavations of this beautiful Roman City. Proceed to Tiberias, the old center of Jewish learning. Drive along the shores of the Sea of Galilee to Capernaum to visit the ruins of the ancient synagogue. Continue to a Kibbutz hotel for overnight.
Drive to the Golan Heights. Visit the former Syrian fortifications, Birkat Ram, and the Druze villages, Via Banias, source of the Jordan River. Proceed via Kiryat Shmone and the Hula Valley to Safed, city of the Kabala, to visit synagogue and the artists' colony and then to Nazareth to visit the Christian Holy Sites. Return to the Kibbutz hotel for overnight.
After Breakfast drive west to Acre for a visit of the old, famous Crusader stronghold and medieval fortifications. Continue to Haifa, sightseeing tour of Haifa, including the Bahai Shrine, Persian Garden and Mount Carmel for a panoramic view of the city. Proceed southwards to Caesarea to visit the Roman theater and the Crusader fortress. Continue south for a short city tour of Tel Aviv-Jaffa and to hotel for overnight.
Breakfast and transfer to the airport for departure.
- Inclusions -
- English Speaking Tour Guided
- Exclusions -
- Extras -
- This is a guaranteed departure tour, it goes every Sunday starting from Israel's International Airport (Ben Gurion Airport)Tour may be operated as a private tour at additional cost.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Jerusalem
- Jerusalem The Cradle of History - from 200 USD
- Jericho Half Day Tour - from 80 USD
- Jerusalem & Bethlehem - from 80 USD
- Jerusalem In the Footsteps of Jesus - from 89 USD
- Undeground Jerusalem Excavations - from 89 USD
- Qumran Caves Ein Gedi & Dead Sea - from 92 USD
- Desert Safari Experience - from 130 USD
- Walking Jerusalem - from 300 USD
- Jerusalem Old City Tour - from 30 USD
- Greater Jerusalem Alternative Tour - from 28 USD
- Jerusalem Old and New - from 65 USD
- Jerusalem at Dawn - from 225 USD
- Mark Twain in Jerusalem - from 25 USD
- Jerusalem with Kids & Parents can come too! - from 250 USD
Email the tour operator - Israel Highlights
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.