Classic Tour of Israel
- Price from:
- 950 USD /person
- +44 (0)2081445145
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 8 days
- Location Start:
- Tel Aviv - Your Hotel
- Location Finish:
- Jerusalem - Your Hotel
- Start time:
- 08.30 am
- End time:
- 07.30 pm
- We Speak:
- Russian, German, Spanish, French, English
Last updated: 03/11/2009
Discover beautiful Israel on a 7 night tour from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem via Haifa, Caeserea, Acra, Nazareth, Galilee, Golan Heights, Masada, Dead Sea, and more! Great Excursion - Affordable Price!
Arrival to Ben Gurion Airport. We will pick you up from the airport and take you safely to your hotel in Tel Aviv.
We leave Tel Aviv via Ashdod, Ashkelon, and Beersheba, the capital of the Negev Desert, to make our way to Masada, the fortress which was the last stronghold of the Jewish Zealots in the war against the Romans. We will ascend by cable car to the fortress at the top and explore the excavations, Herod's palaces, the synagogue, and bathhouses. We will enjoy a breathtaking view of the Roman camps and the Dead Sea and then descend for a possible âfloatâ in the in the salty water of the world's lowest place, the Dead Sea. We make our way via Ein Gedi & Kalya to the capital of Israel.
Overnight in Jerusalem.
We drive to Mt' Scopus for a panoramic view of Jerusalem, onwards to the Garden of Gethsemane and Church of the Agony, then to Mount Zion for a visit to the tomb of King David, the Room of the Last Supper and Dormition Abbey. We will explore the new city including the Israel Museum's Shrine of the Book with the famous Dead Sea scrolls, new Supreme Court building, Mount Herzl and Yad Vashem (the holocaust memorial). We will visit the model of the Herodian city of Jerusalem dating back to the time of the Second Temple, the Hadassah medical center and the synagogue with Marc Chagall stained glass windows, and via Ein Karem (the birth place of John the Baptist).
We will walk through one of the Gates to the walled Old City: the renewed Jewish Quarter; the Western Wall, the Temple area; the colorful bazaars; Via Dolorosa, and the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. We will continue to Bethlehem* to visit Rachel's Tomb and the Church of the Nativity and return to Jerusalem in the evening.
We leave Jerusalem, and drive north via Jericho* (the oldest city in the world) via the Jordan Valley and the new settlements to Beit Shean. We will explore the excavations of this beautiful Roman City and proceed to Tiberias, the old center of Jewish learning. We will drive along the shores of the Sea of Galilee to Capernaum to visit the ruins of the ancient synagogue and continue to a Kibbutz hotel for overnight.
We drive to the Golan Heights and visit the former Syrian fortifications, Birkat Ram, the Druze villages, and the Banias River which leads to the Jordan River. We will proceed to Kiryat Shmone and the Hula Valley and onwards to Safed, city of the Kabala, to visit synagogues, narrow alleyways, art galleries, and the artists' colony. Then its onwards to Nazareth to visit the Christian Holy Sites, including the church of the Annunciation.
After Breakfast we drive west to Acre (Akko) for a visit of the old, famous Crusader stronghold and medieval fortifications. We will continue to Haifa and a sightseeing tour of the Bahai Shrine, Persian Gardens, and Mount Carmel with a panoramic view of the city. We will proceed southwards to Caesarea to visit the Roman theater and the Crusader fortress and southbound for a short city tour of Tel Aviv and Jaffa.
Breakfast and transfer to the airport for departure, or extension tour to Jordan.
- Inclusions -
- 7 nights accommodation
- Exclusions -
- Porterage at airport
- Extras -
- This is an excellent tour if you would like to discover all the major attractions in Israel and only have a week to spare.
Excellent tour - affordable price!
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Jerusalem
- Jerusalem The Cradle of History - from 200 USD
- Jericho Half Day Tour - from 80 USD
- Jerusalem & Bethlehem - from 80 USD
- Jerusalem In the Footsteps of Jesus - from 89 USD
- Undeground Jerusalem Excavations - from 89 USD
- Qumran Caves Ein Gedi & Dead Sea - from 92 USD
- Desert Safari Experience - from 130 USD
- Walking Jerusalem - from 300 USD
- Jerusalem Old City Tour - from 30 USD
- Greater Jerusalem Alternative Tour - from 28 USD
- Jerusalem Old and New - from 65 USD
- Jerusalem at Dawn - from 225 USD
- Jerusalem with Kids & Parents can come too! - from 250 USD
Email the tour operator - Classic Tour of Israel
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.