Welcome to Kiev
- Price from:
- 370 USD /person
- +38 (066) 2823186
- +38 (044) 2382147
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 3 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 09.00 am
- End time:
- 08.00 pm
- We Speak:
- Greek, Norwegian, Turkish, Polish, Swedish, Finnish, Dutch, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, German, Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, French, English, Ukrainian
Last updated: 01/20/2007
A 3 day tour over the capital of Ukraine. You will be amazed by the beautyof Kyiv.
Arrival transfer followed by orientation city tour of Kiev, which is not only the capital of Ukraine but also the mother city for all Eastern Slavic peoples. Kievan Rus, the state from which Ukraine, Russia & Belarus are all descended, was established here between the 9th & 11th centuries. The modern centre & the remains of the old city are both on the hilly west bank of the Dnipro, third largest river in Europe. Check in & dinner at a hotel.
Breakfast at the hotel. Your first visit this morning is to the golden-domed Kiev-Pechersk Lavra Monastery. Founded three km south of where Kiev stood in 1051, the Caves Monastery was Kievan Rus first & for a long time most famous monastery. Spread across wooded slopes above the Dnipro, it is a unique array of gold-domed churches, underground labyrinths lined with mummified monks, & elegant monastic buildings turned museums, one of which has a hoard of Scythian gold to rival that of the Hermitage in St. Petersburg.
After lunch at local restaurant tour to St. Sophia Cathedral & Monastery complex with its magnificent frescoes & murals. It is the city's oldest standing church built in 1017-1031 in honour of Prince Yaroslav's victory over a rival tribe Pechenegs. Continue to St. Andrew's church located at the northern end of the street & at the top of the charming Andriyivsky uzvis. It is an inspired 1746-61 Baroque interpretation of the traditional Ukrainian five-domed, cross-shaped church by Rastrelli. The slender curves of its blue, white, gold & green exterior stand out against the skyline, perched up above the Podil district at the crest of the historic Upper Town, at the supposed site where the Apostle Andrew erected a cross. Its richly decorated interior features a three-tiered iconostasis & several paintings from the 18th century. Return to the hotel or local restaurant for dinner with folklore performance.
After breakfast at the hotel spend some free time in the morning for shopping or revisiting one of Kiev's many museums. Check out followed by departure transfer.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Kiev
- Romance Tours to Kiev - 3 days from 500 EUR
- Kiev Nightclub Tour - 3 days from 700 USD
- 15 day 14 night The Best of Ukraine - 15 days from 1600 EUR
- 3 day 2 night Kiev Stag Tour - 3 days from 580 EUR
- 2 day 1 night in Kiev - 2 days from 90 EUR
- Weekend in Ukraine - 4 days from 322 USD
- Ukriane Holidays - 8 days from 648 USD
- Deluxe Tour of Ukraine - 18 days from 5100 CAD
Email the tour operator - Welcome to Kiev
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.