Tour Loch Ness Inverness and the Highlands of Scotland
- Price from:
- 71 GBP /person
- (+44) (0) 750 466 1828
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 2 days
- 1 hour
- Location Start:
- Edinburgh or Glasgow
- Location Finish:
- Edinburgh or Glasgow
- Start time:
- End time:
- We Speak:
- English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Japanese
Last updated: 02/04/2010
Take two leisurely days, travel in comfort in a small group tour of Scotland and savour the delights of the Scottish Highlands with your tour guide; see rivers, lochs, and mountains, and experience plenty of rich Highland history - with an overnight stay in the Highland capital of Inverness.
EDINBURGH/GLASGOW - GLENCOE - FORT WILLIAM - LOCH NESS - INVERNESS
From Edinburgh we head west, via Stirling, where we stop for photos of its magnificent Castle then after a stop at Kilmahog we travel past Doune, Callander and through the spectacular scenery of Strathyre, climbing up via Crianlarich. From Glen Orchy we descend into the desolate expanse of Rannoch Moor, passing the Black Mount, to the valley of Glencoe where we can enjoy a leisurely walk. We continue north towards Fort William and Scotland's tallest mountain, Ben Nevis.
After lunch in the Fort William area, we trace the 24 mile shoreline of Loch Ness, passing Urquhart Castle, then on to Inverness, capital of the Highlands, where we arrive early evening.
CULLODEN - TOMATIM DISTILLERY - AVIEMORE - LOCH GARTEN - EDINBURGH
Enjoy a flexible itinerary today with your guide - you may choose to visit the fascinating Culloden Battlefield, where the Jacobites and Bonnie Prince Charlie were defeated by the Duke of Cumberland, and glimpse the ancient stones of the Neolithic Clava Clairns, before the opportunity for a visit and whisky tasting at Tomatin Distillery.
After a lunch stop in the ski resort area of Aviemore we move south to get a glimpse of the ospreys at the Loch Garten Osprey Centre* or visit the old military garrison at Ruthven Barracks, built by General Wade. We start our return journey via The Hermitage, stopping for a gentle forest walk, before we cross the Forth Bridges, back to Edinburgh.
- Inclusions -
- Transportation by mini-coach with driver-guides
- Exclusions -
- Meals, Entrance Fees, Accommodation
- Extras -
- Tour Highlights: Luss, Loch Lomond, Rannoch Moor, Glencoe, Fort William, Ben Nevis, Loch Ness, Urquhart Castle, Inverness, Culloden Battlefield, Clava Clairns, Tomatin Distillery, Loch Garten Osprey Centre, Ruthven Barracks, The Hermitage
Optional Extras: Tomatin Distillery, Loch Garten Osprey Centre
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Loch Ness
Email the tour operator - Tour Loch Ness Inverness and the Highlands of Scotland
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.