Edinburgh And The Highlands Travel To Scotland By Train
- Price from:
- 169 GBP /person
- +44(0)1223 244 555
- +44(0)1223 244 560
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 3 days
- Location Start:
- London, Kent, Cambridge
- Location Finish:
- London, Kent, Cambridge
- We Speak:
- Chinese, English
Last updated: 01/15/2009
Edinburgh is less than 5 hours away by high speed train from London. This tour gives you the chance to see Scotland's capital and even the Scottish Highlands and Loch Ness - all in a weekend.
We travel north to arrive in Scotland's capital, Edinburgh by 11.15 am. The normal journey time from London is just under 5 hours, which means you can have breakfast in England and Lunch in Scotland!
On arrival in Edinburgh we will take a guided tour of the city with our local Scottish guide before checking into our accommodation.
You may wish to join us for some casual drinks close to your hotel in the evening - we promise you will enjoy our evenings just as much as the sightseeing! Coming away on a tour like this is also a great way of meeting people from all over the world.
If you are travelling on our tour into the Scottish Highlands and Loch Ness (tour B), prepare to see some amazing scenery. The landscape is rugged, wild and very different to other parts of Britain - it's simply breathtaking. The tour leaves from the hotel at 8am and arrives back at 7.30pm. Please note that we only have a limited number of places on this tour and you should inform us at the time of booking if you would like to join.
If you are taking our Edinburgh "Free & Easy" option (tour A), you will have the day free to explore Edinburgh independently. Your Edinburgh guide is full of knowledge on the city and will be happy to give you lots of information so you can make the most of the day.
A full day to enjoy Edinburgh's city sites, before we take our train back to London at 5pm.
After an early breakfast, we sadly have to say goodbye and travel back to England.
Our train passes past some wonderful coastal scenery so if you are quick enough you may get some good photos of the the journey home. We arrive back in London and Cambridge by mid-afternoon.
- Inclusions -
- Tour B Same as Tour A but also including a 1 day tour into the Scottish Highlands and Loch Ness with an experienced and fun driver/guide.
- Exclusions -
- Food, except breakfast at your hotel/guest house Entrance fees to attractions Spending money
- Extras -
- Price for this Tour:
Tour A - Â£169
Tour B - Â£199
Jan 30, 2009
*Feb 13, 2009
Feb 20, 2009
Mar 13, 2009
Mar 27, 2009
*Apr 10, 2009 - Easter break
Apr 24, 2009
*May 2, 2009 - Bank Holiday
*May 23, 2009 - Bank Holiday
Jun 12, 2009
Jun 26, 2009
Jul 10, 2009
Jul 24, 2009
*Aug 7, 2009 - Edinburgh Festival
*Aug 14, 2009 - Edinburgh Festival
*Aug 21, 2009 - Edinburgh Festival
*Aug 29, 2009 - Edinburgh Festival
Sep 12, 2009
Sep 25, 2009
Oct 10, 2009
Oct 24, 2009
Nov 7, 2009
Nov 21, 2009
Dec 5, 2009
* Peak Season Price, Tour A Â£199; Tour B Â£229
All accommodation on this tour is based on staying in a centrally located family run hotel in multi-bedded rooms. Twin rooms are also available for supplement of ï¿½30 per person.
Travel to Edinburgh by comfortable high-speed train from London and Peterbourgh. The journey time from London is just under 5 hours and from Peterborough just over 4 hours. This compares to approximately 10-12 hours if you travelled the same journey by road and the city centre to city centre time is also slightly faster than travelling by air!
Your guided tour of Edinburgh and hotel transfers are by luxury coach for maximum convenience and comfort!
If you are taking tour B to Loch Ness and The Scottish Highlands - which is highly recommended, you will also be travelling on a modern luxury coach with a very knowledgeable driver/guide. We promise, you will return home with fantastic memories!
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Edinburgh
- Day Tour to Stirling Castle and Loch Lomond - from 30 GBP
- Da Vinci Code Rosslyn Chapel & Distillery Chauffeur Driven Tour - from 62 GBP
- Scotch Whisky Tour to the Highlands - from 42 GBP
Email the tour operator - Edinburgh And The Highlands Travel To Scotland By Train
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.