Steam Exprience II
- Rail tours
- Price from:
- 250 GBP /person
- +44 (0) 1263 733858
- +44 (0) 1263 733814
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 2 days
- 7 hours
- Location Start:
- Aylsham Station, Norwich Road, Aylsham, Norfolk, NR11 6BW
- Location Finish:
- Aylsham Station, Norwich Road, Aylsham, Norwich, Norfolk
- Start time:
- 09.00 am
- End time:
- 05.30 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 01/20/2007
If as a young child, you or a relative have once dreamed of being able to drive a real steam engine, then you will be glad to know that it is never too late to make dreams come true.
On the first day, there will be talks and demonstrations on safety, signalling and locomotive operation, and a visit to the shed to inspect our locomotive fleet. You will travel to Wroxham and back to gain knowledge of our route, part of which will be with a driver in the locomotive cab. In the afternoon, you will gain experience with handling the steam locomotive, getting the feel of the controls.
The second days starts with preperation of the locomotive, before taking the controls for nine miles during the day in equal portions.
- Inclusions -
- Lunch is included on both days of the course.
- Exclusions -
- No Accommodation is provided. We can supply a list of local accommodation if required.
- Extras -
- These courses only operate during selected times of the year. Therefore advanced booking is essential.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Norwich
Email the tour operator - Steam Exprience II
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.