- Price from:
- 149 GBP /person
- 0208 149 6253
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 3 hours
- Location Start:
- Victoria tube station
- Location Finish:
- Angel tube Station
- Start time:
- 09.00 am
- End time:
- 12.00 pm
- We Speak:
- Italian, Spanish, French, English
Last updated: 12/09/2008
For an authentic slice of London life, set off on a private walking tour of London's Saturday morning markets. Along the way, connect with London's unique energy as you visit three different markets.
Start your morning in Brixton Market, South London; a cacophony of sights, smells, music and stalls which has changed little over the years. Much of Brixton's unique character comes from the local community: a mesh of multi-ethnic Londoners and young professionals eager to connect with the neighbourhood's creative edge. For those keen to move away from the traditional tourist trail, this is the perfect stop!
From here you'll head to Borough Market: one of Europe's finest food markets and an eye-opening destination for foodies and the inquisitive alike. As London's premiere source of high quality fresh produce, Borough Market is where you'll meet farmers and food producers from across the UK and beyond, taste a multitude of samples and soak up the relaxed atmosphere of one of London's most charming food shopping destinations.
Your walking tour closes at one of London's best kept secrets: Camden Passage - an appealing mix of established and eagerly ambitious vintage and antique dealers. Situated just north of central London, the area is a haven for the style-conscious, with over 50 antique and vintage stalls. Set against a backdrop of sophisticated Victorian and Georgian period architecture and narrow cobbled lanes, Camden Passage has charm and atmosphere that is uniquely London!
You'll move between each market stop via London's underground train system. As a result, guests will need to buy a one day travel card (approximately GBP5.00) prior to the tour comencing.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in London
- Sights of London East End Tour - from 20 GBP
- West End Theatre Packages - from 237.5 GBP
- Dracula Tours in London Walking Tour with a Medieval Banquet - from 109 EUR
- The Alfred Hitchcock London Locations Walk - from 25 GBP
Email the tour operator - Market Mania
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.