Bankside and Southwark
- Price from:
- 8.7 EUR /person
- +31 6 41404041
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 1 hour
- Location Start:
- London Bridge Main Underground Station, 21 Duke Street Hill, London
- Location Finish:
- The George Tavern, 373 Commercial Road, London
- We Speak:
Last updated: 03/30/2009
Southwark & Bankside â' a notorious entertainment district outside the old Roman walls of London; itâs steeped in fascinating history. This tour all about its Theatres, Blood Sports, Brothels & Beer.
- Extras -
- This tour is an audioguided walk. Audioguides are easy to use, fun and entertaining! Just download the files and play them on your iPod or MP3 player.
Guide: John Ashton, (Member of the Institute of Tourist Guiding and a fully qualified Blue Badge Guide for London)
Duration: 1 hour
Distance: Less than 2 miles
Best time: Daylight hours
A map will be provided.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in London
- Market Mania - from 149 GBP
- Sights of London East End Tour - from 20 GBP
- West End Theatre Packages - from 237.5 GBP
- Dracula Tours in London Walking Tour with a Medieval Banquet - from 109 EUR
- The Alfred Hitchcock London Locations Walk - from 25 GBP
Email the tour operator - Bankside and Southwark
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.