Oxford & Cotswolds & Lacock & Bath & Stonehenge 2 Day Tour
- Price from:
- 159 GBP /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 2 days
- Location Start:
- London, Cambridge
- Location Finish:
- London, Cambridge
- We Speak:
Last updated: 01/15/2009
Guided tour of Oxford, Burford, Stow-on-the-Wold, Upper Slaughter, Lower Slaughter, Bourton-on-the-Water, Bibury, Guided tour of Bath, beautiful villages of Castle Combe and Lacock, and Stonehenge
DAY 1 - After an early start we drive in a westerly direction, calling in at Oxford for a guided tour of the city. Next we travel a short distance to discover one of England's most beautiful regions â the Cotswolds. The Cotswolds are full of colour all year round! Here you will find rolling hills and pretty villages and market towns full of character. Our journey this morning takes us to the historic market town of Stow-on-the-Wold and the quaint village of Bourton-on-the-Water. In the early afternoon, we drive along one of the most charming narrow back-road routes in the Cotswolds, where large coaches are not allowed to visit in what has been described as England's most beautiful village - Bibury. This is in the heart of the Cotswolds and what we might consider to be the real England with its old country pubs, traditional village stores and well kept gardens.
DAY 2 - Today we visit Bath where we take a guided tour of the city centre. At the end of the walking tour of the city, we include your entrance into the Roman Baths. Bath, which is one of England's most popular tourist attractions. Bath is the most complete and best preserved Georgian city in Britain. The spa was used by the Romans, and the remains of the Roman baths are still there to be seen today, beside the 18th century Pump Room.
After Bath, we travel to Lacock, a small 13th century village which remains mostly untouched by modern development.
Next we go to see another world famous site â Stonehenge. The construction of Stonehenge started around 3,000BC and the site was built over a 1500 year period. Your entrance fee to Stonehenge is included in the price. We return to London and Cambridge by mid evening.
- Inclusions -
- Return travel from your chosen departure location by luxury minibus
- Extras -
- Why choose this tour?
On this tour you will be travelling with no more than 15 other people - guaranteed! Our purpose-built minibuses have large windows, good air circulation and clear PA systems so that your professional guide can escort you comfortably through our wonderful country. Our itineraries are carefullly planned (with many years of experience) so that you discover as much as possible, without spending too much time on the road.
As we travel in smaller vehicles, we normally use the most scenic routes, where large coach are prohibited from travelling. Additionally, as our group sizes are smaller we are able to more time out of the vehicle.
Friendly and Professional Guides - Small Groups - More Scenic Routes - More Time Sightseeing- No Time Wasted Travelling around London- Great Value for Money
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Bath
- Bath Stonehenge and The Cotswolds 1 day tour - from 74 GBP
Email the tour operator - Oxford & Cotswolds & Lacock & Bath & Stonehenge 2 Day Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.