Private Full Day Ephesus Tour
- Price from:
- 129 EUR /person
- 0090 252 316 2127
- 0090 252 316 8931
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 08.30 am
- End time:
- 06.00 am
- We Speak:
Last updated: 11/07/2007
Full Day Ephesus Tour includes a visit to the ancient city Ephesus which used to be the most important commercial center of the western Anatolia, the House of Virgin Mary
Full Day Ephesus Tour includes a visit to the ancient city Ephesus which used to be the most important commercial center of the western Anatolia, the House of Virgin Mary where Mary had spent her last day, the Basilica of St. John where is believed that the evangelist St. John had spent his last years in the region around Ephesus and buried in the southern slope of Ayosolug Hill and the Temple of Artemision which is known as one of the seven wonders of the Antic World.
A visit to Ephesus - once the commercial centre of the ancient world - is a highlight of any visit to Turkey . The city, whose wealth and patronage supported its splendid architectural program, was dedicated to the goddess Artemis. Her enormous temple, once considered one of the seven wonders of the Ancient World and rebuilt several times, dates in its latest form from the third century B.C.
The ruins also include a theatre, gymnasium, agora and baths, as well as the Library of Celsus. It is recorded that St. John brought the Virgin Mary to Ephesus after the death of Jesus Christ and that she spent her last days in a small house built for her on Bulbuldagi ( Mt. Koressos ). Now a popular place of pilgrimage for Christians and Muslims the house has received the official sanction of the Vatican and Christians observe a
commemoration ceremony every year on August 15th.
There are many important ancient sites; Ephesus is the most popular ancient site around. Many acres of carefully excavated ruins present a unique recreation of the ancient splendor. These ruins require at least a full day for observation. With its excellent location Ephesus had become the most important city of Asia Minor throughout several civilizations.
Nearby, are the site of St. John's Basilica and the reputed last home of the Virgin Mary who was said to have spent the last years of her life in Ephesus area?
Southeast of Bulbul Dag ( Mount Nightingale ), 7 km from ancient city Ephesus , on Ala Dag ( Mount Solmissos ), is a building known as the House of the Virgin Mary, where people from various countries and many different religions gather together, there is the place in which the Virgin is said to have lived and died? The building, the foundations of which date from the 1st century. A.D. was restored in Byzantine times but thereafter was abandoned and fell into disrepair.
Its association with the Virgin dates only from the 19th c., following the visions of a German nun, Katarina Emmerich (1774 - 1824), who gave an exact description of the situation and appearance of a house at Ephesus in which the Virgin had lived and died. In 1891, on the basis of her account, Lazarists from Smyrna ( Izmir ). Discovered on the south side of Bülbül Dag the ruins of a small church which had evidently belonged to a monastery and this are now revered as the Virgin's house.
The pilgrimages which began after the finding of the house continued on an increased scale after the Second World War, and the Feast of the Assumption (15 August) is celebrated here with particular ceremony. In the year 1961, the statements by Pope John the 23rd, in 1967 the visit made by Pope Paul the 6th, and in 1979. After these important visits Virgin Mary's home was accepted as that of being holy. And each year being visiting more than over one million Christian and Muslim people
- Inclusions -
- Private Local Licensed Guide Private De-Luxe Cars, Mini Vans All Entrance Fees Delicious Lunch Special Ephesus Book 100% Satisfaction Guarantee No extra HIDDEN Charges
- Extras -
- TravelShop Turkey wishes you a warm welcome. Located in Turkey . Our staff are experienced professionals amalgamated from other agencies and hotels from around Turkey . We are friendly, extremely knowledgeable and available 24/7 to help. Our tours and itineraries are prepared in accordance with the views and critics of more than 6000 tourists. We have taken into account and considered every single email, fax and feed back form to refine existing tours and developed new tours to meet your expectations. When you book your tour with us you have our guarantee that no promise will be broken every aspect has been taken into account for your enjoyment, and all the hard work is done on your behalf. Please consider TravelShop Turkey . We are friendly and at your disposal. We are also her to listen to your ideas, to help improve our quality of service and create future tours. We encourage criticism and feedback. To make your dreams come true in Turkey, choose Travel Shop Turkey it's our life!
What we can do With our online site, booking information and consultant services we are able to handle your requests on a global scale either via email, fax or phone. We are always available and encourage any questions.
Service We are dedicated to providing the very best in quality service. Our team is a wonderful group of travel professionals all with their own specialised areas. You can be sure at least one of us has the knowledge that you need. Our tours have been tailor maid with this knowledge and our quality of service is next too none. Through out Turkey we offer tours, hotel bookings and transportation within turkey and to neighbouring Islands. We are committed to finding the very best value for money with out losing quality of service and product while enhancing your experience and time in Turkey bringing you the very best that Turkey has to offer.
Our Future: Travel Shop Turkey 's aim is to become the leading tour company within Turkey , utilising and enhancing technology, information, and resources from around the globe and within Turkey . Our online project aims to be the most innovative and informative reference guide for anyone interested in Turkey and what it has to offer for the traveller. Most importantly we want to offer the best and the most efficient travel tours throughout Turkey , whilst maintaining quality of service, quality of life and value for money.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Kusadasi
- Ephesus Artemission Temple Virgin Mary St John Basilica... - from 73 USD
- Ephesus Artemission Temple The House of Virgin Mary and... - from 63 USD
- Private Ephesus Miletus and Didyma Tours - from 59 USD
- Private Ephesus Tours 5 - from 54 USD
- Private Ephesus Tours 4 - from 49 USD
- Private Ephesus Tours 3 - from 39 USD
- Private Ephesus Tours 2 - from 29 USD
- Private Ephesus Tours - from 29 USD
- Half Day Ephesus Tour - from 60 USD
- Kusadasi Shore Excursion - from 30 EUR
- Kusadasi Shopping Tour - from 15 EUR
- Kusadasi Cruise Excursion Ephesus Tour & Archeology Museum 4... - from 45 EUR
- Kusadasi Cruise Excersion Bergamon Tour 9 Hour - from 89 EUR
- Kusadasi Cruise Excursion Pamukkale Tour 9 Hour - from 89 EUR
- Kusadasi Cruise Excursion Prien And Didyma Tour 8 Hour - from 49 EUR
- Kusadasi Cruise Excursion Sirince Village Tour 4 Hour - from 49 EUR
- Kusadasi Cruise Excursion Private Ephesus And Virgin Mary... - from 45 EUR
- Kusadasi Cruise Excursion Ancient Ephesus Tour 4 Hour - from 45 EUR
- Kusadasi Cruise Excursion Private Full Day Ephesus Tour - from 49 EUR
- Ephesus Tours - from 80 USD
- Discovery Of Christian Ephesus - from 30 EUR
- Ephesus Historical Tours - from 40 USD
- Ephesus Tour - from 55 EUR
- Kusadasi Padi Coarses - from 250 EUR
- Kusadasi Reef Dive - from 35 EUR
- Kusadasi Show Dive - from 25 EUR
- Kusadasi Samos Ferry - from 35 EUR
- Kusadsý Turkish Bath - from 20 EUR
- Kusadasi Village Tour - from 18 EUR
- Kusadasi Boat Trip Tours - from 16 EUR
- Bafa Lake and Herakleia From Kusadasi - from 30 EUR
- Pamukkale and Hierapolis Tour From Kusadasi - from 30 EUR
- Private Half Day Ephesus Tour - from 89 EUR
- Didyma Miletos Priene Tours - from 30 EUR
- Ephesus Day Trip Tour - from 35 EUR
- Kusadasi Aquapark - from 22 EUR
- Pergamon Tours - from 40 EUR
- Kusadasi Turkish Night Out - from 18 EUR
- Kusadasi Horse Safari - from 30 EUR
- Quad Safari Kusadasi - from 35 EUR
- Half Day Snorkling Kusadasi - from 15 EUR
- 1 2 Day Private Ephesus Tours - from 39 USD
- Shore Excursions Kusadasi - from 30 EUR
- Private Tour of Ephesus Highlights - from 40 EUR
- Ephesus Cultural Tours - from 56 USD
- 6 Days Turkey Short Tours - 7 days from 900 USD
- 14 Days Turkey Cultural Tours - 14 days from 1195 USD
- 7 Day ANZAC Tour Turkey - 7 days from 249 GBP
- 8 Day Family Holiday in Kusadasi - 8 days from 895 EUR
- Regular Turkey Tours 5 Day Kusadasi to Istanbul - 5 days from 339 EUR
- 5 Day Kusadasi Summer Special Turkey - 5 days from 149 EUR
- Kusadasi Holiday Tour 5 Day Special - 5 days from 199 EUR
- Holiday Kusadsi Tours 7 Days - 21 days from 259 EUR
- Kusadasi Package Tours - 7 days from 329 EUR
- 5 Day Kusadasi Holiday - 5 days from 199 EUR
- 7 Day Kusadasi Holiday - 7 days from 259 EUR
- 7 Day Kusadasi Family Holiday - 7 days from 329 EUR
Email the tour operator - Private Full Day Ephesus Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.