Private Ephesus Tour 4 Day Tour
- Price from:
- 499 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 4 days
- Location Start:
- Any Hotel at Izmir, Airport, Harbor
- Location Finish:
- Any Hotel at Izmir, Airport, Harbor
- We Speak:
- Polish, Dutch, Japanese, Russian, German, Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, French, English
Last updated: 04/04/2009
Ready to Explore Ephesus- Priene /Miletus/ Didyma - Bodrum - Pergamon
Meet you at Izmir Adnan Menderes Airport and drive to continue to tour for Ephesus Its greatest asset is its closeness to the magnificent ruins of Ephesus. We will spend several hours walking in the footsteps of Alexander the Great, Caesar, Cicero, Apostles Paul and John and many other familiar historical names. The recently opened Slope Houses where the wealthiest Romans lived are an excellent example of sensitive excavation and presentation. The mosaics and frescos are spectacular.
Tradition has it that Virgin Mary was brought here by St John after the Crucifixion and lived her final years near the city of Ephesus on an isolated mountaintop. A lovely chapel is constructed on the site tended by Franciscans and open to visitors. It has been designated a pilgrimage site by the Pope.
Today we will discover Bodrum, located on a peninsula of the same name, was a fishing village until the 1970s. It is now a lively tourist resort with a long history. The coastline is attractive and the centerpiece is the 15th century crusader Castle of St Peter. Greeks, Persians and Ottomans settled here from the 11th century BC onward. Itï¿½s greatest glory was under Mausolus, who ruled under the Persians in the 4th century BC. When he died his wife Artemisia employed architects and sculptors to construct a monument and tomb for him.
It was one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient world and gave us the word mausoleum. Alas most of the monument is long gone. A few stones remain.
Today we will visit Priene, Miletus, Didyma . Ephesus may be the creme-de-la-creme of the Aegean ruins but Priene, Miletus and Didyma though less frequently visited are still important ancient settlements. Priene occupies a dramatic postion overlooking the Meander Valley and plain. Miletus preserves a spectacular theater. And Didyma has a Temple of Apollo vaguely reminiscent of the great temples at Karnak in Egypt.
Check out form the hotel and drive to Bergama/ Pergamon The city of Bergama is historically famous for its antique city of Pergamon and for it traditional quarter of Ottoman houses. After the death of Alexander the Great his generals divided up his kingdom. Over the following years an impressive metropolis was built in the rocky terrain with beautiful temples, roads, a vast library rivaling that of Alexanderï¿½s in Egypt and a school of medicine, which survived for centuries. Eventually, the Kingdom of Pergamon was bequeathed to the Roman Empire.End of the our service,we will transfer you airport.
- Inclusions -
- 4 nights accommodation (H/B) 3-4 stars or S class Hotel.
- Exclusions -
- International airfare.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Izmir
- Daily Ephesus Tours from Izmir port 2 - from 73 USD
- Daily Ephesus Tours from Izmir Port 1 - from 53 USD
- Izmir City Tour - from 50 EUR
- Izmir Tours - from 30 USD
- Izmir City Center Tour - from 55 EUR
- Ephesus Sightseeing Tour - from 25 EUR
- Ephesus Tours for Cruise Passangers - from 38 EUR
- Terrace Houses & Ephesus Tour - from 45 EUR
- Private Shore Excurions - from 90 USD
- Izmir Shore Excursions - from 32 EUR
- Shore Tours Ephesus - from 42 EUR
- High Lights Of Ephesus - from 90 USD
- Biblical Tours In Turkey - 13 days from 2500 USD
Email the tour operator - Private Ephesus Tour 4 Day Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.