High Lights Of Ephesus
- Price from:
- 90 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- Location Start:
- Upon Your Request
- Location Finish:
- Upon Your Request
- Start time:
- 08.30 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 02/17/2009
The ancient city of Ephesus (Turkish: Efes), located near the Aegean Sea in modern day Turkey, was one of the great cities of the Greeks in Asia Minor.
Ephesus, Basilica of St. John, House of the Virgin Mary,Ephesus Museum
Upon your request we are meeting at airport or pick you up from hotel around Izmir ,we drive to Ephesus - Enter through the Magnesia Gate and begin a slow, downhill walk with your guide into the ruins of this Roman provincial capital. Your route takes you past the Odeon Theater, the Celsus Library, the Temple of Hadrian, the Fountain of Trajan and the Great Theater. The theater had seating for 24,000, which was the site where it is believed St. Paul preached to the Ephesians, and is used today for a local spring festival.
Basilica of St. John - Built by the Emperor Justinian over the tomb of St. John the Apostle, the Basilica, now in ruins, once rivaled St. Sophia in size. See the remaining graceful columns and mosaics of the Basilica as you take in the panorama of the rural Selcuk countryside and the ruins of the Temple of Artemis.
House of the Virgin Mary - The Vatican has recognized this small house in the Solmissos Mountains as the final resting place of the Virgin Mary. A small shrine dedicated to St. Mary was found when the ruins of the house were first discovered.
Ephesus Museum - This small museum in Selcuk boasts an incredible collection of Hellenistic and Roman statues, carved reliefs and artifacts unearthed from the ruins of Ephesus. The famous statue of Artemis (goddess of fertility) is housed there.
- Inclusions -
- Entrance fee lunch guiding transportation
- Extras -
- Private tours and we have more option,please inform us whats your expects.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Izmir
- Daily Ephesus Tours from Izmir port 2 - from 73 USD
- Daily Ephesus Tours from Izmir Port 1 - from 53 USD
- Izmir City Tour - from 50 EUR
- Izmir Tours - from 30 USD
- Izmir City Center Tour - from 55 EUR
- Ephesus Sightseeing Tour - from 25 EUR
- Ephesus Tours for Cruise Passangers - from 38 EUR
- Terrace Houses & Ephesus Tour - from 45 EUR
- Private Shore Excurions - from 90 USD
- Izmir Shore Excursions - from 32 EUR
- Shore Tours Ephesus - from 42 EUR
Email the tour operator - High Lights Of Ephesus
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud: