Ephesus Sightseeing Tour
- Price from:
- 25 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- Location Start:
- Izmir Port
- Location Finish:
- Izmir Port
- We Speak:
- Greek, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish, Japanese, Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, English
Last updated: 08/10/2008
Meet at Izmir harbor and contiune to Ephesus& Virgin Mary House and Temple of Artemis.
Meet at Izmir harbor and contiune to Ephesus - Enter through the Magnesia Gate and begin a slow, downhill walk with your guide into the ruins of this Roman provincial capital.
Your route takes you past the Odeon, the Celsus Library, the Temple of Hadrian, the Fountain of Trajan and the Great Theater. The theater had seating for 24,000, which was the site where it is believed St. Paul preached to the Ephesians, and is used today for a local spring festival.
House of the Virgin Mary - The Vatican has recognized this small house in the Solmissos Mountains as the final resting place of the Virgin Mary. A small shrine dedicated to St. Mary was found when the ruins of the house were first discovered. The Temple of Artemis, which had been built at first during the Archaic period, today it's known one of the Seven Wonders of Ancient World.
- Inclusions -
- All tours include transportation,excellent guidance,entrance fee to the museums and all taxes. Please note that full-day tours include lunch
- Extras -
- No shopping stop at our tours. Please ask the supplier their legal issue number from Tursab
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Izmir
- Daily Ephesus Tours from Izmir port 2 - from 73 USD
- Daily Ephesus Tours from Izmir Port 1 - from 53 USD
- Izmir City Tour - from 50 EUR
- Izmir Tours - from 30 USD
- Izmir City Center Tour - from 55 EUR
- Ephesus Tours for Cruise Passangers - from 38 EUR
- Terrace Houses & Ephesus Tour - from 45 EUR
- Private Shore Excurions - from 90 USD
- Izmir Shore Excursions - from 32 EUR
- Shore Tours Ephesus - from 42 EUR
- High Lights Of Ephesus - from 90 USD
Email the tour operator - Ephesus Sightseeing Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.