Private Shore Excursions Bodrum City Tour 6 Hour
- Price from:
- 49 EUR /person
- +9 0 212 529 77 08
- +9 0 212 632 27 02
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 06.30 am
- End time:
- 12.30 am
- We Speak:
- Turkish, Polish, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish, Dutch, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, German, Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, French, English, Greek
Last updated: 10/06/2008
We warmly welcome all Cruise Ship Passengers to the Port of Bodrum, Turkey.
What a better way to see and experience Bodrum than to Book one of our 9 Hour Bodrum City tours from Bodrum Port
Private Shore Excursions Bodrum City Tour ( 6 Hour ) We warmly welcome all Cruise Ship Passengers to the Port of Bodrum, Turkey.
What a better way to see and experience Bodrum than to Book one of our 9 Hour Bodrum City tours from Bodrum Port Places to Visit
St Peters Castle
The Amphitheatre Tour Includes
Transportation by Private air-conditioned deluxe busses
Private Professional English speaking tour guide
All entrance fees mentioned in the Itinerary
Tours Pick Up from:
Bodrum Port. Duration
4 Hours ( however this can be made longer or shorter depending on you )
After meeting you at Bodrum Port we will then depart for the City Tour we will visit the following places.
St Peters Castle .Visit the Castle of St. Peter , the symbol of Bodrum. The Crusader castle was built by the Knights of St. John between 1402 and 1409. After being defeated in Smyrna (The ancient name of Izmir ), the Knights came to Halikarnassos and began the construction of the castle. Unknowingly, they used many stones from the great tomb of Mausolus. Today on the walls of the castle you can see lots of stones from Mausoleum, one of the seven wonders of the ancient world. The fortifications of the castle consisted of walls to which ramparts and central towers were added. Also there are four towers; The French, Italian, German and English. The French Tower stands at the highest point of the complex, 48 meters above sea level.
Today the castle's rooms are used as a museum where finds from the Bronze Age, Mycenaean, Archaic, and Classical, Hellenistic, Roman and Byzantine period are exhibited. The castle also houses the largest underwater archeological museum in Turkey . It is one of the few of its kind in the world. The reconstruction of a ship-wreck the museum itself is worth a visit.
See what is left of one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, the Mausoleum. The Mausoleum, King Mausolus' tomb, is at the origin of the funerary monuments of great dimensions and sumptuous architecture. Mausolus was the ruler of the Caria Kingdom between 377 and 353 BC; he made Halikarnassos its capital. Then he enclosed his new capital with a huge wall. He also adorned the city with splendid edifices, the most famous of which was the Mausoleum which he designed as a great Carian shrine dedicated to himself. His sister-wife Artemisia completed it after he died during her own reign. It was so beautiful that it became one of the seven wonders of the ancient world. (The other six wonders were the Pyramids of Egypt, the Lighthouse at Alexandria , the Colossus of Rhodes , and the Hanging gardens of Babylon , the Statue of Zeus at Olympia and the Artemis Temple. at Ephesus .)
The architects of the monumental tomb were Pythius and Satyrus. From south to north it was 63 feet wide and it was surrounded by 36 columns. The funeral chamber itself was 8 by 9 meters and about 2 meters high.
Today you can see the cleared platform and some of the finds from the magnificent Mausoleum. The stones were used for the construction of the castle and some parts of the tomb are exhibited at the British Museum in London , England .
Visit the ancient theater The Theatre is located on the hillside overlooking Bodrum. Built in the time of Mausolus, it is one of the very few surviving pre-Hellenistic theaters in Asia Minor and thus one of the oldest. It had a seating capacity of about 13.000 spectators. The hillside theater that dates from the 4th century BC was built to seat 5.000 people. When rediscovered, it was not in very good condition and therefore has been recently restored. The view of the town from there is beautiful. We hope your tour was a memorable one and we would like to see you in the future in one of our tours again. Thanks for choosing TravelShop Turkey
- Inclusions -
- If you are looking for something special and intimate without the hassle of being in a big a group then this is one of our classic private tours and includes a driver and a separate English-speaking guide who will accompany you into all attractions to provide commentary and information.As the tour is private you can do it at a leisurely pace and take in the breathtaking sites.
- Extras -
- Shore Excursions Tour Description
If you are looking for something special and intimate without the hassle of being in a big a group then this is one of our classic private tours and includes a driver and a separate English-speaking guide who will accompany you into all attractions to provide commentary and information.As the tour is private you can do it at a leisurely pace and take in the breathtaking sites.
Please note this tour includes everything you pay no extra charges !! Entance fees make up 30% of this tours cost. When you book this tour you will get the TravelShop garantee that you get what we tell you. If you wish to visit any other historical around Istanbul then this arranged through your guide all you would need to pay for is the entrance fees. To make your dreams come true in Turkey, choose Travel Shop Turkey it's our life!
TravelShop Turkey is the ONLY Company who will provide the most ultimate service and quality for an Cruise Turkey Excersions.
Travel Shop Turkey 's aim is to become the leading tour company within Turkey , utilising and enhancing technology, information, and resources from around the globe and within Turkey . Our online project aims to be the most innovative and informative reference guide for anyone interested in Turkey and what it has to offer for the traveller. Most importantly we want to offer the best and the most efficient travel tours throughout Turkey , whilst maintaining quality of service, quality of life and value for money. To make your dreams come true in luxury then come and join us at TravelShop Turkey and we will give you memories to last a lifetime.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Bodrum
- Private Daily Bodrum Tours - from 60 USD
- Bodrum Airport Transfer - from 12 EUR
- Horse Riding in Bodrum - from 35 EUR
- Fishing Tour Bodrum 1 Day - from 50 EUR
- Bodrum Tours From Kusadasi - from 35 EUR
- Ferry to Kos - from 25 EUR
- Dalyan - from 30 EUR
- Boat Trip 1 Day - from 18 EUR
- Jeep Safari - from 35 EUR
- Bodrum Castle & Gumusluk - from 45 EUR
- Ephesus 1 Day - from 30 EUR
- Pamukkale 1 Day Tour - from 30 EUR
- Didyma&Miletos&Priene 1 Day Tour - from 30 EUR
- Cooking in Turkish countryside - from 75 USD
- Adventure Safari - from 45 EUR
- Blue Cruise Cabin Charter Bodrum 8 days - 8 days from 160 EUR
- Blue Cruise Cabin Charter Bodrum Greek Islands - 8 days from 330 EUR
- Blue Cruise In Turkey Tum Tour Yacht Charter - 8 days from 300 EUR
- 8 Day Family Holiday in Bodrum - 8 days from 895 EUR
- Bodrum City Tour - 30 days from 45 EUR
- 3 Day Special Bodrum Summer Escape - 3 days from 99 EUR
- Bodrum 7 Day Mediterranean Dreaming Experience - 7 days from 270 EUR
- Agean Coast Dreams - 8 days from 299 EUR
- Bodrum 7 Day Bodrum Aegean Holiday - 7 days from 249 EUR
- Bodrum Package Tours 7 Day Aegean Special Holiday - 7 days from 249 EUR
- Bodrum BackPackers Tours Turkey 7 Day Buduget Tour - 7 days from 249 EUR
- Bodrum Holidays Turkey Dream Package Tours of Bodrum - 7 days from 249 EUR
- Bodrum Tours and Blue Cruises 9 Day Special - 9 days from 289 EUR
- Blue Cruise Bodrum Turkey - 4 days from 259 EUR
- Gulet Cruise Bodrum 8 Day Blue Cruises Bodrum to Gokova Turkey - 8 days from 359 EUR
- Boat Cruise Turkey Blue Cruises from Karacasogut to Bodrum - 5 days from 259 EUR
- Yacht Charters Turkey Blue Cruise Bodrum - 4 days from 399 EUR
- Turkey Yacht Charter Bodrum Gulet Cruises - 8 days from 399 EUR
- 15 Day Exploration - 15 days from 635 EUR
- 7 Day Bodrum Dream Holiday - 7 days from 249 EUR
- 7 Day Bodrum Aegean Holiday - 7 days from 249 EUR
- 9 Day Bodrum Express - 9 days from 289 EUR
- 12 Day Bodrum & Aegean Tour - 12 days from 289 EUR
- 14 Days in Cappadocia & Bodrum - 14 days from 439 EUR
- 5 Days and 4 Nights Karacasogut Bodrum - 5 days from 299 EUR
- 8 Days and 7 Nights Bodrum Gokova Bodrum - 8 days from 359 EUR
- Ancient Aegean Civilisations & Bodrum Culture Tour - 7 days from 470 GBP
- Ephesus & Pamukkale - 2 days from 60 EUR
- Blue Cruise Sail on SouthWest Mediterranean Coast of Turkey - 8 days from 230 EUR
Email the tour operator - Private Shore Excursions Bodrum City Tour 6 Hour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.