- Rail tours
- Price from:
- 309 GBP /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 07/26/2007
4 Nights / 5 Days Swiss Panorama in Just 309 GBP.
Day 1 : Zürich (Zurich) : Interlaken
Travel to Interlaken by train leaving from the Swiss border or any Swiss airport. Overnight stay at Interlaken
Day 2 : Interlaken : Jungfraujoch :
Top of Europe
After breakfast, you board the train to Kleine Scheidegg via Lauterbrunnen. The famous Jungfrau railway takes you to the highest station in Europe. A day of fun and excitement is awaiting you in the captivating snow peaks of Jungfraujoch: Top of Europe (3'454 m/11'333 ft). Film star Sunny Deol jumped from here into the depth in his award winning Film The Hero. Visit the Ice Cave with its ice formations or else explore the snow on the glacier. You find a range of international restaurants on the Jungfraujoch. Return to Interlaken by train with an optional stopover in Grindelwald. Overnight stay at Interlaken.
Day 3 : Interlaken : Luzern (Lucerne)
After breakfast, a scenic train takes you to Luzern via the Brünig Pass. Overnight stay at Luzern.
Day 4 : Luzern : Mount Pilatus
After breakfast, enjoy a cruise on Lake Luzern, departing from Luzern and terminating in Alpnachstad. Travel up the Pilatus (2'132 m/7'000 ft) by boarding the steepest cogwheel railway in the world (From May/June to the end of September. In wintertime take the bus from Luzern to Kriens and continue with the panoramic gondola from Kriens to the Pilatus). In the afternoon, a cable car takes you back to the base. A coach takes you back to Luzern. We also offer this excursion in reverse order. Overnight stay at Luzern.
Day 5 : Luzern : Depart for the
After breakfast, you either depart to the airport for your onward flight or else continue your stay in Switzerland.
- Inclusions -
- 2 overnight stays at Luzern
- Exclusions -
- Mount Pilatus
- Extras -
- Meals other than those indicated above, drinks, tips, laundry, telephone calls & expenses of personal nature.
Airfare, airport tax, visa, travel and health insurance extra.
The tour cost is subject to change without
Hotels : Subject to Availability.
Supplement for high speed trains will be
extra if required.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Zurich
Email the tour operator - Swiss Panorama
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.