Travel the Baixo Mino Two Countries Tour
- Price from:
- 90 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 09.00 am
- End time:
- 04.00 pm
- We Speak:
- Spanish, English
Last updated: 05/20/2008
Historical tour from Vigo to the Baixo Mino and northern Portugal. We will visit a Fortress Cathedral, a walled town, a 2000 yr old village and much more. All the while sampling great food and wine.
Leaving your hotel or cruise ship, we travel from Vigo by car. We head to an area known as the Baixo Mino where we will find the two border towns of Tui and Valenca. Tui is a charming town situated a top of a rocky outcrop, where a 12th century fortress cathedral overlooks the river Mino, which separates Galica from Portugal. We will walk around the historic quarter of Tui and visit the Cathedral a pilgrimage stop for those doing the camino from Portugal. Before venturing across the border, we'll stop to sample some of the local cuisine in a lovely Galician restaurant and of course sampling some of the famous local wine. We then cross into Portugal over the Mino and enter the walled town of Valenca do Minho for a little shopping and history.
We will then cross back into Spain and head towards the coast following the Mino, to the fishing village of A Guarda the last Spanish town on the Atlantic coast and make our way to the top of Monte Santa Tecla and take in the stunning 360deg views. We visit a 2000-year-old Celtic Hill Fort with museum and restored huts, and wander through this tiny village and its impossibly narrow paths.
We then head to Baiona along the Atlantic coast road where news of the discovery of the Americas first reached Europe. Before making our way back to Vigo and up to El Castro for some great views of the bay from a ruined 17th century fortress and then down into Vigo's historic quarter and back to your hotel or cruise ship.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Vigo
- Sailing Day Trip to the Cies Islands in a Luxurious Private... - from 600 EUR
- O Rosal Valley a land of Albarino wines alongside the River Mino - from 190 EUR
- Albarino winery and Baiona Coastal Village Tour from Vigo - from 120 EUR
- Tapa and Wine Tour of the Old Quarter of Vigo Port - from 50 EUR
- Santiago de Compostela Historical Walking Tour with... - from 125 EUR
- Celtic Quest Europe Cruise Sailing From Spain to Scotland - 13 days from 3600 EUR
- Deluxe Gastronomic Sailing Journey along the Rias Baixas... - 8 days from 3195 EUR
Email the tour operator - Travel the Baixo Mino Two Countries Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.