Cycling Holiday Spain Moorish Andalusia, Seville to Granada via Cordoba
- Price from:
- 1200 EUR /person
- + 34 958 360 655
- + 34 958 360 655
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 10 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Granada or Cordoba
- Start time:
- 12.00 pm
- End time:
- 05.00 pm
- We Speak:
- Spanish, English
Last updated: 08/21/2008
Cycle evocative Andalucia, home of flamenco, white villages, tapas & olives. Discover historic cities, world heritage monuments such as the Alhambra & Mezquita, whilst cycling Spain's stunning scenery
We meet in this historic city of Seville and view the magnificent Cathedral, the largest in the world, climbing the Moorish minaret for a stunning panorama. Continue on our privately guided walking tour of the city with our local guide, admiring the architecture and hidden secrets of this vibrant city.
After a short morning transfer, we cycle through pleasant countryside plains, winding our way to Carmona, a fortified town with a Roman necropolis. Spend the afternoon cycling slowly to a tranquil Andalusian village, with time to try the local tapas. Spend the night in a 15th century monastery, a truly unique experience.
Ride out onto the Campiï¿½a Cordobesa, the fertile region known since Roman times, which produces everything from peppers, artichokes and olives. View a fairy tale castle before heading onwards to the heritage city of Cï¿½rdoba. Enjoy the last vestiges of sunset on the beautiful stone bridge with the city backdrop behind you.
Start the free day off with a guided walking tour of the city, the former capital of Moorish Al-Andalus, taking in a tour of the awesome Mezquita with its bountiful arches and its medieval and Jewish quarters, strolling the picturesque cobbled streets, jasmine scented gardens and geranium festooned balconies. Free afternoon to explore and shop!
The way to Baena is known as the Ruta del Aceite (Oil Route) for good reason, as it is one of the biggest olive oil producers in the world. Cycle through open expanses of wheat and cotton fields, spotting the wild hawks high above. True countryside cycling on traffic free roads.
Start the day off by becoming a connoisseur of great oils on our guided tour of an olive oil mill. Continue with a more relaxed day of cycling as we head along a cycle rail-trail to the most dramatic Moorish castle and white washed village hanging from the rocks. Experience views of olive groves for as far as the eye can see. A more relaxed day of cycling packed full of great vistas.
We cycle through a national park, stopping for lunch in the truly baroque town of Priego de Cordoba. Admire the fine churches and fountains after enjoying a leisurely lunch. Head through rolling countryside of olive trees and plateaus before arriving in the Poniente Granadino province of Granada. Spend the night in a village, famed throughout Spain for its church perched high on a cliff.
Alhama de Granada
After exploring the village, we freewheel down a long hill into the fertile Genil valley, keeping your eyes peeled for the locally grown asparagus. Time for lunch in a town that specialises in roscos (donut shaped treats) before climbing up the valley to the medieval town of Alhama, with its impressive gorge, Roman brige and thermal spas.
Climbing past an aqua blue lake, you swoop downwards into the historic plains where Moorish battles where fought and Queen Isabella met with Columbus to commission his explorations to the New World. Finally the Sierra Nevada, which have been our constant companion for the afternoon, are at our doorstep as we arrive in the Royal city of Granada.
What better way to start this day than with a guided tour of one of the most magnificent and loved buildings in Europe, the Alhambra Palace. The rest of the day is free to wander the timeless alleyways and hidden plazas on your own and pick up any souvenirs before we bid adiï¿½s to eachother! (options to extend stay in Granada).
- Inclusions -
- 9 nights accommodation - all private ensuite
- Exclusions -
- All lunches
- Extras -
- We use only quiet country roads or purpose made cycling paths (old railway tracks). There is some rolling countryside with some steeper climbs (van transfer if required). Daily distances are around 55 km per day - but as the SAG wagon is with us all the time, tired cyclists can take a rest whenever they want!
This tour can also be customised for groups of 6+ (cycling clubs to leisure riders).
Please contact us directly for more information.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Sevilla
- Seville Palace Route and Monastery Sweets - from 250 USD
- Seville Full Day Tour - from 250 USD
- Sevilla Shopping Tour - from 30 EUR
- 10 Nights in Andalusia - 11 days from 880 EUR
- Short Break in Seville with a Live Flamenco Dancing... - 4 days from 270 EUR
- Andalusia Self Drive with Some Private Local Guides - 13 days from 890 EUR
- Andalucian Affair - 10 days from 2500 EUR
Email the tour operator - Cycling Holiday Spain Moorish Andalusia, Seville to Granada via Cordoba
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.