Classic Road Riding
- Price from:
- 265 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 8 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 10.00 am
- End time:
- 04.00 pm
- We Speak:
- Spanish, English
Last updated: 03/07/2007
Become the King or Queen of the mountains here in Andalucia whilst experiencing the adrenalin rush of climbing the peaks, not to mention the exhilarating descents which come as a fantastic reward.
Pick up from airport & transfer to accommodation.
We ride through an area of Spain that was keenly fought over by the Moors & Christians, with villages exchanging hands several times during the 700year Moorísh occupation. An undulating ride with short climbs and descents all the way.
Distance : 73km - 45miles
Rating : Easy/Medium
This ride incorporates the Genal valley, once known as 'The Smugglers route' due to the selling of contraband goods from the train which passed through from Algerciras to Ronda. Once again you'll either be climbing or descending. The climbs are long but relatively easy with a fantastic flowing 16km descent in the middle of this ride with a couple of hairpins thrown in for good measure.
Distance : 77km - 48miles
Rating : Medium
A category 1 climb in the Vuelta Andalucia and Vuelta a Espana this12km climb takes us up to the Puerto de las Palomas, situated at 1467m above sea level, the views are breathtaking..or was that the climb! After reaching the summit, a sweeping descent to Grazalema then onto Montocorto.
Distance : 61km - 38miles
Rating : Medium/Difficult
This ride is either uphill or downhill. The ups will have your legs burning and your heart pounding and the downs are over oh so quickly. Definitely a day for your climbing legs.
Not for the faint hearted. a 16km ascent to the peak of El Bayor sandwiched between two of the most exhilerating descents in this area. A real adrenalin junkies' playground. The ride is either uphill or downhill, the ups are a test of endurance but the downs make all the hard work worthwhile.
Distance : 92km - 58miles
Rating : Difficult
Long descents, big climbs, great times. A ride down to the Mediteranean Sea at San Pedro. On a clear day you can see Africa as we descend. Definitely a day for your climbing legs. On a clear day we can see Africa as we descend to the Costa del Sol.
Distance : 142km - 89miles
Rating : Difficult
time to pack those bags and head off to the airport
- Inclusions -
- Complimentary Beer & Wine
- Exclusions -
- Extras -
- The itinery given is only an example of the riding available. All routes can be made longer or shorter depending on your requirements You have 3 types of accommodation to choose from You are more than welcome to join the 'Club Ciclista Rondeño' club ride on the Sunday of your trip if you want too Holidays are from 3 days upwards.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Ronda
Email the tour operator - Classic Road Riding
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.