Bicycle Holiday Spain
- Price from:
- 1140 EUR /person
- + 34 958 360 655
- + 34 958 360 655
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 8 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- Start time:
- 12.00 pm
- End time:
- 04.00 pm
- We Speak:
- Spanish, English
Last updated: 12/22/2008
Explore the quintessential Spain of Andalusia, following rustic country paths, stopping to site-see classic royal towns of the Caliphs. Discover the haunts of Hemmingway & Welles on this adventure.
From our meeting point at Malaga airport we transfer to Ronda, a place Orson Welles loved so much he wished his ashes to be spread here. We spend the rest of the day strolling Rondaï¿½s winding Moorish alleys stopping to admire the incredible bridge and surrounding views
Experience the thrill of bandit country on your morning cycle by riding through the Sierra de las Nieves National Park, passing through small 'pueblo blancos' and blue lakes. Spend the night near to one of Spainï¿½s most interesting geographical features, El Chorro, an impressive river cut gorge.
Cycle out through orange and lemon groves, we wind a path through fertile valleys, discovering the quiet countryside. An afternoon of some steeper climbs leads us into medieval Antequera, a pretty town famous for its churches, fortress and ancient burial grounds.
Spend the morning hiking El Torcal National Park, enjoying the paths through its strange limestone rock sculptures and distant sea views. We then transfer to an olive grove surrounded town, where a medieval Moorish king was held ransom. Time for some sherry tasting at a local vineyard, before a gentle afternoon cycle trail to a spectacular set village, hanging from the hillside.
Visit an olive oil mill on our guided tour before biking off through the beautiful olive groves of the region. Speed through the most tranquil of country, before arriving at a town famed for its historic castle and hilltop church.
Cycling though winding hills, we pass through some tremendous scenery of fields and mountains before coming to Alcala La Real, a royal town with its fortified fortress sitting proudly. Continue onto Montefrï¿½o and its church balancing on a cliff edge where below the portly noble Iglesia Encarnacion (a look alike to Romeï¿½s Pantheon) sits plumply. Have time to sample the rustic tapas and wine.
Outstanding views of the Sierra Nevada mountains greet us on this cycle route through the valley of the Genil stopping at the home of Andalusia's most famous poet, Lorca. We head onwards via Columbusï¿½ haunt, Santa Fe, and then head towards our final stop, the Royal city of Granada.
We start the day with a visit to the Alhambra Palace, the most magnificent blend of Arabic kingï¿½s ingenuity and Medieval Christian ruler's architectural skill. We then tour around the other great sights of this city, including the Arab quarter, the gothic cathedral and hidden plazas and courtyards. After lunch, we say adios to each other and this lovely city and head home with memories of crowns, caliphs and charming cycle touring (options to extend stay in Granada).
- Inclusions -
- Luggage transfers, SAG wagon and bike hire
- Exclusions -
- Personal expenses
- Extras -
- We use only quiet country roads or purpose made cycling paths (old railway tracks). There is some rolling countryside with some steeper climbs (van transfer if required). Daily distances are around 55 km per day - but as the SAG wagon is with us all the time, tired cyclists can take a rest whenever they want!
This tour can also be customised for groups of 6+ (for all levels - cycling clubs to leisure riders)
Please contact us directly for more information.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Ronda
Email the tour operator - Bicycle Holiday Spain
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.