Wine & Gastronomy of Navarra
- Wine Tasting
- Price from:
- 2699.95 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 6 days
- Location Start:
- Pamplona, Spain
- Location Finish:
- Pamplona, Spain
- We Speak:
- German, French, Italian, Spanish, English, Basque
Last updated: 02/29/2008
Navarra produces an abundance of excellent wines and is renowned for its outstanding Navarrese cuisine. Join us in a gastronomic adventure in the Kingdom of Navarra, a land of diversity.
Arrive in Pamplona - A tour the old city followed by a sampling of some of Pamplona's awarding winning pintxos (5 hours).
Visit Bodegas Otazu - The Senorio (manor house) dating from the 12th century is the centerpiece of this award wining winery located a short distance from Pamplona. Lunch will be at Restaurant/bodegas Aristu in the village of Lumbier at the confluence of the Salazar and Irati Rivers.
Visit the Bodegas Senorio de Arinzano in Estella and Bodegas Julian Chivite in the southern Navarran village of Cintruenigo. Lunch will be at the famous Restaurant Maher in Cintruenigo.
Visit Bodegas Principe de Viana in the village of Muchante, one-hour south of Pamplona and Finca Albret in the village of Cadreita. Lunch today will be at Restaurant Tubal in Tafalla.
Visit to the Bodegas Vinicola Navarra, a pioneer in the production of wines and is the oldest cellar in the D.O. Navarra. The winery produces the famous rose Las Campanas, a favorite of Ernest Hemingway. Lunch today will be at El Embrujo, one of Pamplona's palaces of Navarrese gastronomy.
Check out of the hotel.
- Inclusions -
- Day 1 - Pintxos tour
- Exclusions -
- Day 5 - dinner is on your own
- Extras -
- Package is based on a minimum of 2 people and includes the transfer from the Pamplona airport or train station to your hotel in Pamplona. Bodega tours include a guide, car and driver.Tour Package is available all year except during the Fiesta de San Fermin (5 to 14 July).
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Pamplona
Email the tour operator - Wine & Gastronomy of Navarra
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.