La Rioja Wine Escape of Charming Wine Towns and Fine Cuisine
- Wine Tasting
- Price from:
- 805 EUR /person
- +34 986 22 13 99
- +34 986 22 13 44
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 3 days
- 12 hours
- Location Start:
- Bilbao airport or hotel
- Location Finish:
- Bilbao airport or hotel
- Start time:
- 09.00 am
- End time:
- 06.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 04/21/2007
A private chauffeur driven wine tour visiting La Rioja. Enjoy strolling around small wine towns, exclusive winery visits, historic sites, fine cuisine...
BILBAO - HARO - LAGUARDIA (Rioja wine country)
- This morning your Specialist English-Speaking Chauffeur will pick you up from Bilbao airport or from a city centre hotel if you have opted to stay overnight in Bilbao (NOTE: Pick up time is best around 09:00AM - 10:00AM. You must advise your flight times if you will be arriving this morning. If you will be staying at a hotel other than we have offered for a pre-tour stay you must advise hotel name)
- Departure from Bilbao to Haro in the Heart of Rioja Alvesa wine country
- Enjoy a visit of the old quarter of the town and a tour/tasting of Bodegas Muga (or similar winery)
- Then for lunch a Tapa tour in selected bars/taverns along Barrio de la Herradura
- After lunch meet up with your chauffeur and continue driving through the rioja wine country arriving at Laguardia a charming wine town.
- Check-in Hotel
- Then a guided visit of the quaint village of Laguardia
- "Welcome Dinner" in the Restaurant of the hotel with fine Riojan Cuisine and Wines
- Overnight in Laguardia
LAGUARDIA - ELCIEGO - SAN MILLAN DE LA COGOLLA - EZCARY - SANTO DOMINGO DE LA CALZADA - LAGUARDIA
- Your private English Speaking Chauffeur will meet you in the lobby
- Start the day off by visiting the famous Bodega Marques de Riscal (or similar winery)
- Then in San Millan de la Cogolla visit to the Human Heritage Yuso Monastery (XI century), birthplace of Castilian language
- Then you will enjoy Riojan cuisine for lunch in a renowned Restaurant Echaurren
- After this drive to Santo Domingo de la Calzada to visit this famous village on the Pilgrimage Route to Santiago with a XIII century cathedral.
- Return to back to your hotel in Laguardia
- Free time before dinner
- Dinner in a well-renown restaurant of POUSADA MAYOR DE MIGUELOA, also a winery with excellent wines which, will accompany our meal
- Overnight in Laguardia
B, L, D
LAGUARDIA - BILBAO
- In the morning visit the Thematic Wine Centre (Villa Lucia) where you will visit the wine museum and have a basic Rioja wine tasting
- Then your chauffeur will take you back to Bilbao.
- Drop off and final goodbye in Bilbao city centre or airport (NOTE: It is also possible to be transfer to San Sebastian, inquire for details)
- Inclusions -
- Local taxes
- Exclusions -
- THE TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE: - Airfare - Train tickets - Transfers not specified in itinerary - Entrance fees when not with guide - Beverages not specified in selected meals - Meals not specified in itinerary - Laundry Expenses - Telephone & Facsimile charges - Excess Baggage charges - Passport & Visa fees - Personal & Travel Insurance - Airport & Departure Taxes - Optional excursions - Room Service - Gratuities to the Chauffeurs and Local Guides
- Extras -
- Discover La Rioja on this private wine escape. The journey will start and end Bilbao and excellent gateway to visit various wineries in the quaint wine towns of D.O. Rioja. For the duration of the trip you will have an English chauffeur-car at your disposition. Our drivers are very knowledge about the wines of the area and will take you on visit to some of the most famous wineries for tours/tasting of their facilities.
VIP Rioja wine tours ~ Wine Country Hotel in the middle of the vineyardsAccommodation will be in a Wine Country Hotel 4* set with the vines of the Laguardia village. Enjoy dinning in traditional restaurants with fine Riojan cuisine.
La Rioja may be one of the smallest autonomous communities in Spain in size, but its is a grandiose land. This apparent contradiction is easily resolved by unveiling its great historical, cultural and natural wealth. Bordered by four other autonomous comminutes La Rioja takes the best from each one of them to form a melting pot with an identity of its own.
To the north lies the Basque Country and Navarre, to the east, Aragón, and to the south Castilla y Leon. All of them are similar in some way to La Rioja but all can find something to envy it for. La Rioja receives its mild temperatures from the Atlantic, the warmth from the Mediterranean and harshness from the centre of the Iberian Peninsula. The influence of the north is felt more in the northern part of the region, called Rioja Alta or Upper Rioja, and the Mediterranean influence is more evident in the southern area, called Rioja Baja or Lower Rioja.
The fertile land is cultivated with special care and provides excellent produce: fruits, vegetables, etc. And grapes for wine; a wine considered one of the best in the world.
VIP Rioja wine tours ~ Wine Country Hotel's design wine cellarArt and history (the famed pilgrimage route to the final resting place of St. James the Apostle called El Camino de Santiago), cuisine, a restful peace, nature at its most fertile and vibrant, merry festivals and anything else you might be searching for can all be found in La Rioja.
A perfect tour for family, couples, etc... looking for a VIP Wine Escape!
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Laguardia
- The Wine & Gastronomy of the Rioja - 3 days from 1399.95 EUR
Email the tour operator - La Rioja Wine Escape of Charming Wine Towns and Fine Cuisine
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.