Self Guided Cyling Holiday In Andalucia Quiet Paths
- Price from:
- 415 EUR /person
- + 34 958 360 655
- + 34 958 360 655
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 7 days
- Location Start:
- Alhama de Granada
- Location Finish:
- Granada or Alhama de Granada
- Start time:
- 11.00 am
- End time:
- 01.00 pm
- We Speak:
- Spanish, English
Last updated: 12/28/2008
With a backdrop of the Sierra Nevada and Tejeda, this awe-inspiring landscape of rolling countryside and medieval villages is quintessential Andalucia. A self guided cycling adventure to remember!
Alhama de Granada(0-40km)
Meet in the stunning town of Alhama de Granada, immortalised in Lord ByronÂ´s evocative poetry. Enjoy the afternoon cycling through the blossoming countryside to a great view point looking down to the sparkling Mediterranean Sea far below. Spend the early evening walking the gorge and exploring the arabic quarter of this historic town.
Around Alhama (50-75km)
Cycle a circular route following river valleys and scenic country roads to a beautiful blue lake. Circumnavigate the lake, entering a National Park full of almond and olive trees. Finish the day with a soak in the Roman thermal baths of Alhama before sampling the local wine and tapas bars.
Alhama to Montefrio (58 to 85km)A day of cycling through dramatic landscape and flat fertile plains, exploring agricultural villages of the Genil Valley. Arrive in the impressive mountain village of Montefrio, famous for its rotunda church and dramatic setting. We know you will enjoy the magical 16km downhill today!
Montefrio to Granada (55-85km)
Depart Montefrio with a short sharp climb upwards passing ancient burial grounds. Pass through hill villages with impressive views of the highest mountains in mainland Spain, the Sierra Nevada. Spot wild asparagus, vine tomatoes and chickpeas growing abundantly. End the day by entering the beloved city of Granada, before having time to wander this romantic place.
Granada (rest day or ride 60km)
After breakfast in your centrally located hotel, take a stroll and perhaps enter the most famous and magnificent Moorish Palace in the world, the Alhambra. Immerse yourself in a time gone by before picking up souvenirs in the shopping district to remind yourself of the Quiet Paths you have travelled. The tour can end today, or continue on until day 7. Option to ride a loop of upto 60km for those continuing on for the 7 days, or a rest day.
Granada to Alhama (60-85km)
Back on the road, cycle through the small villages that supplied Granada with its agricultural produce for a millennium. Stop for lunch at a local cyclistÂ´s inn before a heady descent down to the lakeshore. Coastal mountains in your sights, end the day back in tranquil Alhama.
Alhama & Onwards (0-25km)
A final relaxing breakfast to start the day, before a short morning ride or walk through the arabic quarter. Sample a last local tapas before saying `adiosÂ´ to this pastoral area and making your onward connections for lunchtime.
- Inclusions -
- Complimentary souvenir water bottle
- Exclusions -
- All dinners and lunches
- Extras -
- We are based in Alhama de Granada so are never far away to offer you advice and support. The route only uses quiet country roads. It is rolling countryside with some longer climbs and so the route is classed as 'moderate' although with the extended distances, it can be made 'challenging'.
The trip can be organised for any dates throughout the year, given availability (minimum of 2 cyclists). The tour can also be customised for groups of 6+ (cycling clubs to leisure riders) with van support. Please contact us directly for more information.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Granada
- Granada and The Alhambra Full Day Tour - from 375 USD
- Sierra Nevada Trek - 3 days from 150 EUR
- Short Stay City Break in Granada An impressive Andalusian legacy - 3 days from 205 EUR
- Mountain Biking in Las Alpujarras - 7 days from 500 EUR
- Board & Bike & Beach Break - 7 days from 600 EUR
- Bicycle Tour Spain, Moorish Andalusia, Seville to Granada via... - 10 days from 1295 EUR
Email the tour operator - Self Guided Cyling Holiday In Andalucia Quiet Paths
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.