Southern Catalunya Bike and Wine Country Weekend Tour
- Wine Tasting
- Price from:
- 549 EUR /person
- +34 986 22 13 99
- +34 986 22 13 44
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 3 days
- 12 hours
- Location Start:
- Barcelona airport or hotel
- Location Finish:
- Barcelona airport or hotel
- Start time:
- 09.00 am
- End time:
- 06.00 pm
- We Speak:
Last updated: 04/21/2007
Spend a weekend biking around Southern Catalunya following through the wine and olive regions of Penedes, Conca de Barbera, Priorat, Tarragona...
Arrive in Penedès
- Pick up at Barcelona airport/hotel and transfer to Alt Penedes accommodation
- Leave the airports and cities behind. We recommend you spend your first evening getting to know your accommodation and surroundings.
- In the evening we will have a bike fitting and orientation session at el Molí bike centre, Torrelles de Foix
The Wine & Cava routes of Alt Penedès 20/40km
- 09:00AM: Breakfast at accommodation
- Cycle from Torrelles de Foix to Sant Marti Sarroca
- Visit Romanic Church and castle of Sant Marti
- Visit Romagoza Torne, Cava (sparkling wine) producer
- Cycle from Sant Marti Sarroca to Guardiola de Font Rubi
- Lunch at Restaurant Cal Pau Xich
- Cycle to Pacs del Penedès
- Visit Loxarel winery, Cava and award winning wines
- There are about 4 other wineries in Pac del Penedès
- Cycle to Sant Marti, Torrelles and accommodation
Main attractions: Romanic/ Medieval castle and church Sant Marti Sarroca, the Castellers of Vilafranca (human towers), the wine museum of Vilafranca, small village fiesta majors.
Mar i Montanya, Torrelles de Foix to Sitges 50 km
This is a very pleasant cycle down and around the base of the Mermerlar mountains to Parés Baltà, one of the most innovative quality wineries of Penedès. After your visit you will cross Penedès to the Foix nature park for lunch beside the lake of Castellet. Then cycle down to Vilanova for a dip in the Mediterranean, you will then have a 6 km ride to Sitges. Sitges, the romantic jewel in the crown of Barcelona is home to dozens of seafood restaurants and small hotels. The narrow streets of this former fishing village are filled with quality boutiques and interesting small bars and cafès.
- 09:00AM: Cycle Torrelles de Foix to Sant Marti Sarroca and Pacs del Penedès
- 11:00AM: Visit and taste at high quality family winery
- 12:00PM: Cycle to XI C Santa Esteve, Romanesque church and to lake of Castellet, views of castle and lake
- 01:30PM: Lunch at restaurant Cal Barretet, Castellet
- 03:00PM: Cycle to Vilanova i la Geltru beach, swim
- 05:00PM: Cycle to Sitges, seafood restaurants, boutiques, artistic town
- Transfer back to Barcelona Airport or city centre if you plan to continue your trip
Main attractions: Romanesque church and castle Castellet i la Gornal, Vilanova beaches, Romantic Sitges, shopping, seafood restaurants.
- Inclusions -
- Local Taxes
- Exclusions -
- THE TOURS DOES NOT INCLUDE: - Extra activities - Evening meals - Entrance Fees - Airfare - Bike (Rental available, inquire for price) - Optional Private Tour Addons - Table Reservations - Transfers not specified in itinerary - Entrance fees when not with guide - Beverages not specified in selected meals - Meals not specified in itinerary - Laundry Expenses - Telephone & Facsimile charges - Excess Baggage charges - Passport & Visa fees - Personal & Travel Insurance - Airport & Departure Taxes - Optional excursions - Room Service - Gratuities to Chauffeurs and Guides
- Extras -
- Deserted back roads link the small villages of Southern Catalunya and provide a window into the unique world and way of life of historic wine country.
You stay in comfortable casas rurales, some of them are snug, some are enormous, all are close to the land.
Easy going cycling with plenty of breaks to absorb the atmosphere and perhaps a wine or two, with a variety of interesting options for lunch.
Penedes Wine Country Weekend Bike Tours
Alt Penedès, Barcelona's quiet back garden and our base for the last 11 years. Rolling roads and lanes through the vineyards and wineries of the most innovative wine region of Spain. Vilafranca del Penedès in the centre of the valley is a busy market town and hosts the largest farmers market in Catalunya. Vilafranca is also home to the Castellers Verds, The human tower champions of Catalunya.
Penedes Wine Country Weekend Bike Tours
The valleys of Penedès and La Conca de Barbera are crisscrossed by quiet lanes and ancient trade routes that have been by passed by modern roads. The landscape is rolling with very few obstacles. You will be traveling through one of the truly undiscovered parts of Spain with a wealth of nature, history and culture. We use fully equipped Decathlon b-Twin tour bikes on well paved minor roads. New laws introduced in 2005 make helmets compulsory on public roads in Spain.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Barcelona
- Jewish Tour Jewish Barcelona - from 150 EUR
- Montserrat & Gaudi & Modernism - from 49 EUR
- Dali & Costa Brava Tour - from 69 EUR
- Full Day Private Priorat Wine Tour Gourmet Lunch - from 180 EUR
- Private Wine Cava Tour To The Penedes and Gourmet Lunch - from 170 EUR
- Barcelona Tapas Tour - from 95 USD
- Wheelchair Accessible City Tour - from 60 EUR
- Full Day Tour of Barcelona city and Montserrat Mountain - from 125 USD
- Gorgeous Illa Fantasia - from 13 EUR
- Full Day Tour of Barcelona city and Montserrat Mountain - from 140 USD
- Wine Tour The Wine and Cava region of Penedes - from 210 USD
- PhotoCircuits Barcelona - from 45 EUR
- Group Wine Tasting and Tapa Tour in Barcelona Old Town - from 80 EUR
- Penedes or Priorat Gran Reserva Exclusive Wine and Gastronomy... - from 315 EUR
- All Barcelona Monumental Highlights Tour - from 475 EUR
- Gaudi Barcelona Half Day Tour - from 47 EUR
- Montserrat & Winery - from 45 EUR
- Montserrat & Cavas trail - from 55 EUR
- Girona and the Costa Brava Trail - from 65 EUR
- Tarragona and glamorous Sitges - from 65 EUR
- Pyrenees & Vic - from 75 EUR
- Of Wine and Mushrooms Barcelona - 9 days from 2380 USD
- Romanesque Route and Pyrenees - 11 days from 1990 USD
- Barcelona and Zaragoza Expo 2008 - 7 days from 1760 USD
- Architecture Gaudi Barcelona and Gehry Bilbao - 8 days from 1096 EUR
- A Winter Wine Week - 8 days from 2165 USD
- Culinary Short Break in Barcelona Cooking Class and Wine Tour - 4 days from 425 EUR
Email the tour operator - Southern Catalunya Bike and Wine Country Weekend Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.