Of Wine and Mushrooms Barcelona
- Price from:
- 2380 USD /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 9 days
- Location Start:
- Location Finish:
- We Speak:
- Spanish, English, Catalan
Last updated: 09/10/2009
A special gastronomic tour of the season's most prized offerings around Barcelona: Wild Mushrooms and Wine, with the chance to go mushroom hunting and to visit festivals related to wine and mushrooms.
Arrival in Barcelona. Welcome dinner. Night in Barcelona.
Get an early start and head up to Berga, a town in the Queralt mountains renowned for its "bolets", or wild mushrooms. Today is the last day of the annual Mushroom festival, complete with a market, recipes, traditional dancing and even a spectacular bonfire of the fallas - the wooden effigies representing different aspects of the culture and life related to the mushrooms. Night in a Country Bed-and-breakfast outside of Berga.
Spend the day searching for mushrooms with an expert guide. In the evening, enjoy a cooking demonstration with the day's harvest. Night in a Country Bed-and-breakfast outside of Berga.
This morning head up to the Costa Brava, passing through the charming city of Girona. Spend a few hours touring Girona, and enjoy its old city streets and shops. In the afternoon visit the charming fishing village of Cadaques. Night in Costa Brava.
Morning visit to Salvador Dali's Theater-Museum in Figueres. After lunch, return to Barcelona, stopping in the wine region of Alella on the way back to visit a local winery. Night in Barcelona.
Full day tour of Barcelona's Old City and the Sagrada Familia. Optional Tapas tour in the evening. Night in Barcelona.
Head down to the Penedes wine region south of Barcelona for a morning visit to two artisinal winemakers who love to show off their products first hand. After lunch, head over to the Festa del Most i Fira de Vins i Caves (Festival of Wines and Cavas) in the town of Font-Rubí in the Penedes region. Night in Barcelona.
Morning at leisure in Barcelona. In the afternoon, we head to the town of Sant Sadurni, the heart of Cava (Spanish Sparkling wine) production for the tremendously enjoyable CavaTast, a celebration of the harvest and wine that is so important to the town's livelihood. Night in Barcelona.
Transfer to Barcelona airport for your return flight.
- Inclusions -
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Exclusions -
- Entrance fees not listed on the itinerary
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Barcelona
- Jewish Tour Jewish Barcelona - from 150 EUR
- Montserrat & Gaudi & Modernism - from 49 EUR
- Dali & Costa Brava Tour - from 69 EUR
- Full Day Private Priorat Wine Tour Gourmet Lunch - from 180 EUR
- Private Wine Cava Tour To The Penedes and Gourmet Lunch - from 170 EUR
- Barcelona Tapas Tour - from 95 USD
- Wheelchair Accessible City Tour - from 60 EUR
- Full Day Tour of Barcelona city and Montserrat Mountain - from 125 USD
- Gorgeous Illa Fantasia - from 13 EUR
- Full Day Tour of Barcelona city and Montserrat Mountain - from 140 USD
- Wine Tour The Wine and Cava region of Penedes - from 210 USD
- PhotoCircuits Barcelona - from 45 EUR
- Group Wine Tasting and Tapa Tour in Barcelona Old Town - from 80 EUR
- Penedes or Priorat Gran Reserva Exclusive Wine and Gastronomy... - from 315 EUR
- All Barcelona Monumental Highlights Tour - from 475 EUR
- Gaudi Barcelona Half Day Tour - from 47 EUR
- Montserrat & Winery - from 45 EUR
- Montserrat & Cavas trail - from 55 EUR
- Girona and the Costa Brava Trail - from 65 EUR
- Tarragona and glamorous Sitges - from 65 EUR
- Pyrenees & Vic - from 75 EUR
- Romanesque Route and Pyrenees - 11 days from 1990 USD
- Barcelona and Zaragoza Expo 2008 - 7 days from 1760 USD
- Architecture Gaudi Barcelona and Gehry Bilbao - 8 days from 1096 EUR
- Southern Catalunya Bike and Wine Country Weekend Tour - 3 days from 549 EUR
- A Winter Wine Week - 8 days from 2165 USD
- Culinary Short Break in Barcelona Cooking Class and Wine Tour - 4 days from 425 EUR
Email the tour operator - Of Wine and Mushrooms Barcelona
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.