Montserrat & Winery
- Price from:
- 45 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 8 hours
- Location Start:
- Hotel/Hard Rock Cafe
- Location Finish:
- Hotel/Airport/Hard Rock Cafe
- Start time:
- 09.00 am
- End time:
- 05.00 pm
- We Speak:
- Polish, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish, Russian, German, Italian, English
Last updated: 02/04/2007
See the spectacular Cathedral at the top of mount Montserrat, listen to the oldest children's choir in Europe & explore the wine country of Catalunya - The most rewarding one day tour from Barcelona!
We start the day by picking you up at 9:00 AM from Plaza Catalunya or your hotel. Next, we make our way to the famous Monastery of Montserrat and the beautiful Royal Basilica.
Like thousands of pilgrims before you, you will be touched by this magnificent mountain, it's spectacular rock formations and it's legend of the Black Virgin. We will enjoy a performance by the ¨la escolania¨, (if possible) which is the oldest children's choir in Europe!
Our guide will show you all the interesting points in & around the monastery and will reveal the interesting history behind this impressive site.
You can choose whether you want to take the funicular railway, do some walking on your own, shop for local cheese & Jam or just take in the amazing views for a little longer.
After lunch (not included, cost around 8-12 Euros) we make our way through beautiful little scenic roads to visit Spain's biggest cava producer. Step by step we discover the secrets of Catalunya's national drink (an equivalent of the French champagne).
We get to try the Cava before making our way back to Barcelona.
We can drop you off back at your hotel, anywhere else in town, or at the Airport if you need to catch your flight.
Join us for this wonderful trip
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Barcelona
- Jewish Tour Jewish Barcelona - from 150 EUR
- Montserrat & Gaudi & Modernism - from 49 EUR
- Dali & Costa Brava Tour - from 69 EUR
- Full Day Private Priorat Wine Tour Gourmet Lunch - from 180 EUR
- Private Wine Cava Tour To The Penedes and Gourmet Lunch - from 170 EUR
- Barcelona Tapas Tour - from 95 USD
- Wheelchair Accessible City Tour - from 60 EUR
- Full Day Tour of Barcelona city and Montserrat Mountain - from 125 USD
- Gorgeous Illa Fantasia - from 13 EUR
- Full Day Tour of Barcelona city and Montserrat Mountain - from 140 USD
- Wine Tour The Wine and Cava region of Penedes - from 210 USD
- PhotoCircuits Barcelona - from 45 EUR
- Group Wine Tasting and Tapa Tour in Barcelona Old Town - from 80 EUR
- Penedes or Priorat Gran Reserva Exclusive Wine and Gastronomy... - from 315 EUR
- All Barcelona Monumental Highlights Tour - from 475 EUR
- Gaudi Barcelona Half Day Tour - from 47 EUR
- Montserrat & Cavas trail - from 55 EUR
- Girona and the Costa Brava Trail - from 65 EUR
- Tarragona and glamorous Sitges - from 65 EUR
- Pyrenees & Vic - from 75 EUR
- Of Wine and Mushrooms Barcelona - 9 days from 2380 USD
- Romanesque Route and Pyrenees - 11 days from 1990 USD
- Barcelona and Zaragoza Expo 2008 - 7 days from 1760 USD
- Architecture Gaudi Barcelona and Gehry Bilbao - 8 days from 1096 EUR
- Southern Catalunya Bike and Wine Country Weekend Tour - 3 days from 549 EUR
- A Winter Wine Week - 8 days from 2165 USD
- Culinary Short Break in Barcelona Cooking Class and Wine Tour - 4 days from 425 EUR
Email the tour operator - Montserrat & Winery
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.