Dali & Costa Brava Tour
- Price from:
- 69 EUR /person
- 0034 - 93 211 95 66
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
- 11 hours
- Location Start:
- Plaza Catalunya
- Location Finish:
- Plaza Catalunya
- Start time:
- 08.30 am
- End time:
- 07.30 pm
- We Speak:
- German, French, English, Catalan
Last updated: 12/15/2008
Get to know Salvador Dali in one day and follow the tracks of the surrealist genius in the land that inspired the man. Discover in one day the historical villages of Emporda and the wild Costa Brava
DALI & COSTA BRAVA TRAIL
runs every Wednesday and every Saturday
We depart from Barcelona and set out for the beautiful coastal village of Cadaques, situated on the bay 'at the end of the world'. Just a few minutes from the village is Port Lligat where Dali sought the peace and quiet that truly inspired him. When Dali met the love of his life, Gala, he broke away from his parents and bought a fishermen's hut there, a small curved bay with an almost unique sense of isolation. It was here that Dali lived from 1930 onwards, gradually altering and enlarging the original dwelling he bought there and which shared the same name as the bay. The house of Portlligat must be considered Dali's only true home. It was in this studio that he painted the majority of his great works. Every detail of the house bears his imprint, and the house still contains his original furniture and decoration. It has been open to the public since 1997. Depending on availability, it may be possible to visit the house. After seeing where Dali spent some of his most precious moments, we will drive or walk back to the centre of Cadaques, the jewel of the Costa Brava. This typical fishing village is famous for its white Mediterranean houses, its narrow shady streets, and its sandy bay. There will be time to enjoy the local seafood specialities on one of the numerous terraces facing the Mediterranean, or simply to relax and appreciate why this place inspired so many artists.
After lunch, we will head to Figueres, the birthplace of Dali and home to the world famous Dali Museum-Theatre. Here you will be able to explore where he was born on Monturiol Street, just off the popular rambla, and visit the museum Dali himself built around the former theatre where his first exhibition was held. Originally created and built in 1961 it was not officially opened until 1974. Those wanting to visit the museum will find a museum like none other. Dali wanted visitors to see this massive collection as a 'whole' work, and for this reason he wanted no catalogues and refused to have his works placed in chronological or subject order. Step inside Dali's world of fantasy mixed with architecture mixed with paintings and sculptures. This is a complete surrealistic experience. Following your visit here you return to Barcelona for about 7.30pm.
- Extras -
- Departure point:
Tours depart from PlaÃ§a Catalunya outside Banco de EspaÃ±a opposite the Tourist Information Centre. See Map (opens in new window).
Transport in a small luxury minicoach, with full air conditioning.
The services of a professional guide, who will provide a guided tour in English.
Lunch and refreshments.
Entrances to all museums and attractions.
Lunches - are not included. However we stop in places where you have a range of lunch options to suit all budgets.
Because we believe in time off the bus and give you opportunities to get out and about, please bring suitable clothing, footwear, and sun protection.
All return times are approximate.
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Barcelona
- Jewish Tour Jewish Barcelona - from 150 EUR
- Montserrat & Gaudi & Modernism - from 49 EUR
- Full Day Private Priorat Wine Tour Gourmet Lunch - from 180 EUR
- Private Wine Cava Tour To The Penedes and Gourmet Lunch - from 170 EUR
- Barcelona Tapas Tour - from 95 USD
- Wheelchair Accessible City Tour - from 60 EUR
- Full Day Tour of Barcelona city and Montserrat Mountain - from 125 USD
- Gorgeous Illa Fantasia - from 13 EUR
- Full Day Tour of Barcelona city and Montserrat Mountain - from 140 USD
- Wine Tour The Wine and Cava region of Penedes - from 210 USD
- PhotoCircuits Barcelona - from 45 EUR
- Group Wine Tasting and Tapa Tour in Barcelona Old Town - from 80 EUR
- Penedes or Priorat Gran Reserva Exclusive Wine and Gastronomy... - from 315 EUR
- All Barcelona Monumental Highlights Tour - from 475 EUR
- Gaudi Barcelona Half Day Tour - from 47 EUR
- Montserrat & Winery - from 45 EUR
- Montserrat & Cavas trail - from 55 EUR
- Girona and the Costa Brava Trail - from 65 EUR
- Tarragona and glamorous Sitges - from 65 EUR
- Pyrenees & Vic - from 75 EUR
- Of Wine and Mushrooms Barcelona - 9 days from 2380 USD
- Romanesque Route and Pyrenees - 11 days from 1990 USD
- Barcelona and Zaragoza Expo 2008 - 7 days from 1760 USD
- Architecture Gaudi Barcelona and Gehry Bilbao - 8 days from 1096 EUR
- Southern Catalunya Bike and Wine Country Weekend Tour - 3 days from 549 EUR
- A Winter Wine Week - 8 days from 2165 USD
- Culinary Short Break in Barcelona Cooking Class and Wine Tour - 4 days from 425 EUR
Email the tour operator - Dali & Costa Brava Tour
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.