Architecture Gaudi Barcelona and Gehry Bilbao
- Price from:
- 1096 EUR /person
- Payment Types:
- Credit Card
- Travellers cheque
- Wire Transfer
Last updated: 01/04/2011
You will be able to see famous examples of Gaudi´s legacy as well as the impressive Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao.
Arrive in Barcelona.
Accommodation at the hotel Casa Fuster, a 5-star luxury hotel (listed as a landmark building dating back to 1908), boasting a perfect combination of a modernist atmosphere, unique architecture and a mix of Art Deco and traditional furnishings.
Barcelona is the second largest city in Spain, and home of the Olympic Games in 1992. Visit the city starting in the Old town, that is traversed by Barcelona's most famous avenue, the Ramblas, where you can find many people and places of interest. From here stroll to the Barri Gotic (Gothic Quarter), where the 13th century Gothic Cathedral is situated. The Parc de la Cuitadella is also located in the area. Next make your way to Montjuic which not only provides a great panoramic of the city and the harbour, but also mixes the modernity of the modern sports halls built nearby for the Olympic games, and a 17th Century Castle. Also in Monjuict you find the Palau Nacional, home of the Museu Nacional d'Art Catalan, hosting a great collection of medieval art (especially Romanesque frescoes). Accommodation at the hotel Casa Fuster.
Visit to Montserrat.
Montserrat is a rich, multi-dimensional site, a veritable phenomenon: a unique nature park in the worl, a museum housing one of the best collections in the country, the Shrine of the Patron Saint of Catalonia.
Accommodation at the hotel Casa Fuster
If Gaudí is your thing then there are three constructions that should not be missed. The Guell Park, full of his work replete with brightly coloured tiles. Next visit Casa Milá or La Pedrera (the stone quarry), as it was nicknamed, on the Paseo de Gracia in the Eixample district. Afterwards see the Sagrada Familia, a Christian temple and the most famous and spectacular of Gaudí´s works. Unfortunately he died before finishing the work, which continues to this day, and he is buried in the crypt. Other marvellous visits in Barcelona include the Palau de la Musica, Museu Picasso and the Olympic Harbour.
Accommodation at the hotel Casa Fuster.
Depart to Bilbao and overnight in the city Flying to Bilbao from barcelona is recommended but should you decide to drive allow a one night stopover en route.
Accommodation at the Gran hotel Domine
Bilbao, the largest Basque city, has in recent times enjoyed a well planned revitalisation bringing a new lease of life to this very charming old port. Sights include the famous Guggenheim Museum, the Fine Arts Museum, a splendid Old Quarter, a lovely riverside walkway, a funicular ride that affords terrific views of the city and not forgetting the Puente Colgante; a remarkable Hanging Transporter Bridge built in 1893 and still in use today.
Accommodation at the hotel Gran hotel Domine.
Full day in Bilbao and visit the Guggenheim Museum.
The Guggenheim Museum has been acknowledged as one of the greatest buildings of the century but a walk around the city will also lea you to the white Zubi Zuri bridge designed by Calatrava, and Norman Foster's acclaimed metro (underground).
Accommodation in Gran hotel Domine.
- Inclusions -
- 7 nights accommodation at the hotels showed above
- Exclusions -
- Anything not mentioned above
Couldn't find what you're looking for? Check out more tours & excursions in Barcelona
- Jewish Tour Jewish Barcelona - from 150 EUR
- Montserrat & Gaudi & Modernism - from 49 EUR
- Dali & Costa Brava Tour - from 69 EUR
- Full Day Private Priorat Wine Tour Gourmet Lunch - from 180 EUR
- Private Wine Cava Tour To The Penedes and Gourmet Lunch - from 170 EUR
- Barcelona Tapas Tour - from 95 USD
- Wheelchair Accessible City Tour - from 60 EUR
- Full Day Tour of Barcelona city and Montserrat Mountain - from 125 USD
- Gorgeous Illa Fantasia - from 13 EUR
- Full Day Tour of Barcelona city and Montserrat Mountain - from 140 USD
- Wine Tour The Wine and Cava region of Penedes - from 210 USD
- PhotoCircuits Barcelona - from 45 EUR
- Group Wine Tasting and Tapa Tour in Barcelona Old Town - from 80 EUR
- Penedes or Priorat Gran Reserva Exclusive Wine and Gastronomy... - from 315 EUR
- All Barcelona Monumental Highlights Tour - from 475 EUR
- Gaudi Barcelona Half Day Tour - from 47 EUR
- Montserrat & Winery - from 45 EUR
- Montserrat & Cavas trail - from 55 EUR
- Girona and the Costa Brava Trail - from 65 EUR
- Tarragona and glamorous Sitges - from 65 EUR
- Pyrenees & Vic - from 75 EUR
- Of Wine and Mushrooms Barcelona - 9 days from 2380 USD
- Romanesque Route and Pyrenees - 11 days from 1990 USD
- Barcelona and Zaragoza Expo 2008 - 7 days from 1760 USD
- Southern Catalunya Bike and Wine Country Weekend Tour - 3 days from 549 EUR
- A Winter Wine Week - 8 days from 2165 USD
- Culinary Short Break in Barcelona Cooking Class and Wine Tour - 4 days from 425 EUR
Email the tour operator - Architecture Gaudi Barcelona and Gehry Bilbao
Important Notice : Avoiding Fraud
It's rare, but some helpful hints to watch out for with regards to fraud:
- It is important to NEVER wire funds or use/employ other fund transfer mechanisms such as western union: Always use a credit card to protect yourself against fraud. If owners pressure you into providing a deposit or refuse to accept credit cards, there is a high probability that this is a scam.
- If at all suspicious of fraud, ask to see their website, or any other literature they can provide or send to you. Ask them for contact details for guests who have previously stayed on their property insisting on telephone numbers. Be suspicious of emails that originate from free email services (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc)
- Research the property thoroughly on the internet to see if there is any history or mention of scams associated with the property.